Part 12

Everyone was in full panic mode when Thanksgiving break ended- because finals were extremely close. Winter break was on the horizon, but no one could even think about it.

Finals were going to make or break the University we got into.

I was feeling the pressure from my parents. The last day of my break, they called me to basically tell me I had to do well on my finals. Not to wish me luck- but to tell me I had to do well.

A few days after everyone got back from break, Melina, Samantha, Violetta, and I had a study session in the commons room.

I hadn't gotten any one on one time with Melina since break ended, and I was curious to see how hers was.

We studied for a while- and then Violetta and Samantha went back to our room. I hung back with Melina for a little bit.

"It's good to see you." I said to her. We were sitting next to each other on one of the couches, "I haven't been able to ask you how your break was."

"It was very nice." Melina said, "How was being at school for it?"

"Juliette and I managed to have a good time." I grinned.

"Good." Melina smiled at me. Then her brow furrowed slightly. "Look, Natasha. I like to be very honest. I know we aren't an official couple or anything. But I still wanted to tell you something."

I felt my heart race. "Okay. You can tell me."

"I slept with my ex girlfriend, Sarai, over break." Melina said, and then she started speaking faster, "She was in town. It just kind of happened. I went and got tested for STD's right after. I am clean of them."

I knew it shouldn't have felt like a punch to the gut- but it did. But I had no right to feel that way. So I carefully said, "You are right. We aren't an official couple, so it's okay. And I appreciate you getting a test done...just in case something happens again between us."

Melina sighed with relief, "Thank you for being so understanding, Natasha. I'm not going to lie- after it happened I was freaked out. Sarai kind of...gets around. And I wanted to make sure she didn't give me anything."

"Very understandable." I nodded. I was also feeling a bit confused as to why Melina chose to sleep with her. But I did understand.

"This doesn't change anything between us, does it?" she looked at me with her big brown eyes.

"No." I said, not one hundred percent sure if I was lying. "It doesn't have to change a thing."

In the days right before finals, I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. I couldn't get the thought of disappointing my parents out of my head.

The night before finals day, which was a week before Winter break, I could barely sleep at all. I looked at my watch in the midst of my tossing and turning. It was 2:30 AM.

Laying in bed was making me feel worse. So I decided to go to the commons room and read.

I walked through the darkness of my room, not sure if anyone else was awake or not.

Even though I was allowed to go to the commons room whenever I wanted, it still felt weird going so early in the morning- so I walked very quietly.

And when I got to the entrance- I was surprised to see Blaze there. In her sleep wear, looking at a single piece of paper. She was sitting on the couch, studying it intently.

I didn't want to startle her. So I cleared my throat.

It still startled her.

"Fuck, Natasha. You scared me." Blaze said, looking up. She immediately folded the piece of paper she had in her hand.