Harmless Stories

The Match was deadlocked, each strike wouldn't actually cause damage. Achilles would grab Baldr, flipping him over his body and slam him down into the ground. Lifting his shield, he slammed down, striking Baldr with the edge of his shield. The metal bent and wood broke, around the neck of Baldr, and held him pinned to the ground.

Stepping back a few steps, Achilles looked down, before grabbing the shield, he ripped it off.

"You are quite an impressive fighter. Tell me, How are you so strong?" Baldr asked.

"He, I could ask the same. Everything I've thrown at you hasn't done a thing. You go first, and I'll tell you my story." Achilles said, smiling.

Baldr smiled.

"Fair is fair. I am Baldr, Son of Odin, the all father, and Frigg. Upon my birth, a prophecy of my death was found, so, My dear old Mom made everything promise to never harm me. All things from all realms can not harm me, with a promise that can not be broken." Baldr said, smiling.

Whispers came through the crowd.

"How can he beat him, nothing can harm him." 

"We are doomed, how long can this fight go if he can't be harmed."

"But it's Achilles, he can not be defeated, right?" 

Achilles smiled.

"I am Achilles, Son of King Peleus, Prince of Myrmidons, my mother is Thetis, a Nymph of the sea, bathed me in the River Styx, covering my body in it's waters. I am the greatest of the greeks who fought in the Great Trojan War. I slayed many Trojans, and killed Great Hector. My spear killed many, my sword injured more. And my name struck fear in all." He said, walking to his helmet and spear, putting his helmet back on and grabbing his spear, spinning it in his hands.

Odin watched the fight, silent. Thor walked in, dragging his hammer and watched.

"My brother tires. Why was he picked? I am the strongest of the gods." Thor said.

"You may be the strongest, but he is the god who is most loved. He is the Gods chosen love." Odin said.

Loki walked in and sat down, sitting upside down in this chair, watching with excitement, and smiling, at he heard comments of how "Everything" had promised to never harm him. Odin and Thor looked at the god, and saw his smile, seeing as he laughed behind his hand.

Baldur grabbed the shield, before spinning around and throwing the shield like a disk. Achilles grabbed the shield and got into a stance, the spear behind his head as he did a hopping advance, before he spun the spear, the very tip moved into range, and cut Baldr's beard, cutting a few hairs off the god's face. Baldur grabbed his staff, swinging it before it was blocked and he was slammed into the wall.

It seems with a hard slam, the wall that Baldr was pushed into shook, before with another strike from the shield, he was hit over and over, the armor fixing itself after each dent put into it. Achilles pushed Baldr deeper and deeper into the stone, before with a hard kick to the stomach, pushed in in deep.

Achilles took a few steps back, and waited.