I kissed her hot cheek and smiled at her, "It's perfect"

"Wait! I have a candle and a lighter here in my pocket" She said and took them out of her pocket. She put the candle on the cake and lit it up, "Make a wish" She said with an excited smile.

My only wish is to be by your side forever.

I blew out the candle and she clapped her hands, "Happy birthday!" She said and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you-"

"That's not all" She said and took the bag, "I didn't know what you would like so I got you many things! I got you your favorite cologne since your bottle is almost empty, I got you this watch and I got you this shirt. I think it will look so good on you! I also got you this-"

She kept taking things out of the bag and naming them, but all I could do was stare at her feeling like I was about to cry.

I haven't received any presents since my parents died.

"Tessa, these cost so much" I said stopping her.

"I know I spent my whole monthly wage on them and then some but it's to make up for all your previous birthdays" She said with an awkward chuckle, "So I hope you like them. Oh! and you said your headphones broke so I also got you new headphones" She said and took them out of her bag.

I was going to buy exactly these myself.

"Well, do you like them?" She asked nervously.

"Marry me"

"That doesn't answer my-what?"

"Marry me"

She stared at me with her eyes wide and lips parted.

"I know you deserve a better proposal with a ring, but I promise I will get you any ring you want. We can choose it together if you want and if you're not ready I understand, but I just really want to be with you and I'm not good with words but-"

"Leo" She said taking my face in her hands. Her hands felt cold against my face and I realized I was blushing.

Fuck. My face must be red right now. It's embarrassing.

"Of course I'll marry you" She said with a bright smile and hugged me.

I let out a harsh breath. I'd been holding my breath until now waiting for her answer.

I leaned in and kissed her holding her close to me, "I love you. I love you so much" I mumbled against her lips.

"I love you" She said and pecked my lips.

"I promise I'll get you any ring you want. I'm sorry for just blurting it out, but I've never felt the need to say something so much"

"I wouldn't want it any other way" She said smiling against my lips and hugged me tightly, "But you didn't answer my question"

I laughed, "I loved your gifts, Tessie"

She pulled away and looked at me, "Yes! I'm so happy" She said hugging me once again.

I guess my wish is granted now.

_______

"Happy birthday Dear Leo! Happy birthday to you!"

I rolled my eyes at the cupcake in front of me, but I couldn't hide my smile.

I usually tell them I don't want to celebrate my birthday, but today has been the best day of my life so far starting from the moment Tessa said she would marry me.