CHAPTER 104. Vampire Visitor

Start from the beginning

I hesitated, unsure if Lucifer would refuse or not.

"I'll speak to him," the demon said suddenly and I saw surprise flicker in Aaron's eyes after a moment, telling me Lucifer was talking in his head.

Seconds seemed like hours as I waited, hands shaking in my lap. Aaron slowly sighed and folded his hands together on the desk, looking me in the eye.

"Tell me Raven, what are your intentions with the demon?" He asked, and I faltered.

"I- I don't," I shook my head, not sure how to answer that. I hadn't even begin to wrap my mind around having him in my head.

Aaron stood and I watched as he sat on the edge of the desk in front of me and took my shaking hands in his. "Raven, you know I love you?"

Panic sifted through me, but I nodded. His thumbs gently stroked my cold hand. "Raven, I need to think about this, I'm not going to lie, I'm upset with you,"

My eyes watered. "Should I go home?"

Aaron shook his head and brought my left hand to his lips, gently kissing it. "No, I want my two days with you, just let me think for a little while and go through the reports again."

I hesitated. "Reports? About the demons?"

His fingers slipped from my hands as he nodded and turned his back to me, walking back to his chair and sitting, grabbing a few papers and sifting through them. "Yes, there was another body found, not on our land, but near it."

Deciding not to push it I saved the rest of my questions for later and stood. I opened my mouth to say something before I turned and quickly walked out, closing the door softly behind me.

I leaned on the door with wide eyes, placing a hand over my beating heart. I had been doing so good, well, good for me that is.

I didn't agree to Clair's proposition, because I said I was going to discuss it with everyone first, which I didn't end up doing, because it seemed like a bad idea to even entertain the thought.

I told them about Clair kissing me, but then when it came down to it I still blew it and kept something from them again.

My hand pulled into a fist, and I placed it to my lips, taking a deep breath through my nose. Aaron was upset with me, and just the thought of that made me want to bawl my eyes out.

I wouldn't cry though, because I had no right to feel bad for myself, I needed to at least learn from this, and try harder.

Another deep breath, and then another before my heart finally began beating normally.

"Raven!" Bear stuck his head in the hall, a big grin on his face before he paused. "Are you okay? You're pale,"

I waved a hand dismissively. "I'm fine, what are you doing here? Oh god, please tell me your mother isn't with you,"

Bear winced. "She's here, and I came with my dad, he came to clean out the gutters,"

I nodded and placed my hands behind my back, walking over with a small smile. "Well thanks for coming to say hi,"

He nodded and grinned before he paused. "There is a vampire outside, he said he knows you, so Joe didn't sick anyone on him. Is he one of your lovers? Do vampires bite you? Does it feel good-"

"A vampire?" I asked and ignored his questions, stepping past him to go to the front door. "Please tell me it's not Oliver," I groaned and heard Bear skip after me curiously.

I opened the door and crossed my arms, stepping into the sun. "Of course it's you," I huffed and looked at the handsome but slightly insane vampire.

Oliver clicked his tongue. "Believe me, I don't want to talk to you, but I can't exactly go to anyone else,"

My eyes rolled. "Well get lost, I don't want to deal with you today, if I'm seen talking to you, I'm gonna be in more trouble than I am already."

"It's about Clair," Oliver said and looked at me steadily. "Raven, no one else is going to listen to me but you,"

I narrowed my eyes coldly, slowly stepping outside, Bear watching with great excitement. "You know Oliver," I tilted my head, eyes hard. "I've noticed auras are changing, and at first I thought it was because people were around demons, but I have one inside me, and mine hadn't changed, explain that."

Oliver's eyes flashed. "I change feelings and memories, not the heart and soul of a being, that's why I want to talk to you, you've dealt with evil necromancers before."

A chill ran down my spine. "You're suggesting, that Clair...?" I touched my chin thoughtfully and Oliver nodded. "But she's been killing them, hasn't she?"

"Look," Oliver raised a hand. "You have no reason to trust me, and I understand that you hate me, but listen, the bodies being found, they're covered in demon language, and I think they're sacrifices to help in the summoning process."

I regarded Oliver calmly. "Let's say you're right, and you very well could be, what about..." I paused and touched the ring around my neck.

"Raven, I've been looking into this for awhile now," Oliver closed his eyes and sighed. "Unless you think I'm doing it, it has to be Clair."

Lucifer? I questioned slowly.

"There is no lie in his eyes, he crushed his pride to come to you. I sense no ill intentions, he means no harm towards you." Lucifer said calmly. "I believe she originally planned to use you to kill me,"

What do you mean? How?

"At this moment, if you die, I die also, despite my power, my fate is intertwined with yours until I get my body back. She must care more than anyone thought, to destroy her plan to let you live."

"I believe you," I told Oliver and exhaled heavily. "But what do you want me to do?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "There isn't any way my vampires are going to believe you,"

Oliver smiled a little. "I know, one step at a time right?"

I winced and looked up at the sky. The idea of going to Aaron was terrifying, knowing he was already upset.

But if I really did want to be better, it's what I had to do, no matter the consequences. "Bear, watch him, I'll be right back," I turned and walked past the young shifter.

"You got it!" Bear cheered and picked up a stick, walking around Oliver, poking at him. My dyed red hair turned over my shoulder as I walked down the hall.

My feet skidded to a stop as Sharon, Aaron's mother, stepped in front of me. "Raven," she said my name, but I waved my hand, using magic to push her out of my way.

"I'm busy," I took a breath and opened the door of Aaron's office. "Aaron," I called.

Blue eyes slowly looked up from a long pile of papers. "I need to tell you something," I said seriously, feeling as though I might puke.

Aaron nodded and looked at the chair in front of me. "Take a seat and I'll listen,"

"It's going to sound really bad, but..." I stopped and swallowed, not going any deeper into the room.

Aaron laughed at me. "Raven, just sit down and talk to me, I trust you, that hasn't changed, there's no reason for you to be so nervous."

"But you're mad at me," I argued.

Aaron raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps, yes, but that doesn't over shadow everything else we have."

  "Just go sit in his lap and get this over with," Lucifer said and yawned. I flushed and steeled my resolve, doing just that.

I hopped in Aaron's lap and slapped my hands on his cheeks. "Okay, here's the tea, daddy,"