Chapter Thirty-Two

Alessandro

Athena had taken up most of the bed. This was my first time seeing her sleep like a wild animal. Her hair was a mess and her body was sprawled out on the bed. Still the prettiest girl I've ever seen, no doubt about that.

It was early; five in the morning to be exact. So I wasn't going to wake her up, knowing she'd have a terrible hangover when she does. Showering, doing my usual facial routine, and changing into a black dress shirt with matching slacks, I walked over to her and placed a note on the nightstand.

I kissed her on her forehead and she smiled as if her subconscious knew it was me which made me smile. Softly closing her door my phone started to ring so I jogged downstairs as I answered it. "Yes, mama."

"Hey, are you free today to watch Wren? Your aunt just dropped her off and me and your father are supposed to be heading for our flight right now." Wren was my six year old cousin, her mom was all over the place at the moment which meant she spent a lot of time with us.

"I can't. I have to head to work."

She sighed, "Okay, it's fine. I'll just drop her by Rosa's or Kano's. Have a good day and tell Athena I said hi."

"Will do." I hung up the phone and got into my car. Reluctantly, I drove off and headed straight for hell.

Athena

Athena

I wanted to cut my head off. Right now I'm regretting drinking that much because of this headache.

Grabbing the Advil that was by a note, I swallowed it without water and laid back against the bed. My attempt to go back to sleep failed when my phone started getting notifications.

God, if you love me, please, Im begging you, turn my phone off.
It was still blowing up.

I groaned and squinted my eyes as I looked at the too bright screen. It was all over twitter about the loss of my baby, some even blamed it on the stress of Oliver's cheating scandal. I personally was too tired to correct any of the false accusations. Scrolling more, I saw pictures of Alessandro and i outside kissing in the rain.

I don't know how they got close enough without either of us noticing. There were also some of us shopping that same night and how close up he was. Did I care that people knew about my relationship? No. They were going to find out anyway.

I shut my phone off, not feeling tired anymore and got up. Grabbing the note my annoyance was quickly replaced with a warm feeling.

You sleep like an wild animal, butterfly.
I've headed to work, I'll be home later this afternoon or tonight.
- Yours, Sandro