The Sorcerers Stone ~ Y3

Start from the beginning

We play and somehow manage to not hurt ourselves. The Queen turns. Both Ron and Harry study the game.

"Wait a minute," Harry says.

"You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King," Ron says closing his eyes.

"Ronald Weasley no!" I yell from my spot.

"What is it?" Hermione asks.

"He's going to sacrifice himself," Harry says to Hermione.

"No, Ron, you can't! There must be another way!" Hermione yells.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry and Jordan, it's you two that have to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you. Knight...to H-3." We watch as Ron's knight moves around the board. The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.

"RON!"Hermione starts walking to him.

"NO! Don't move! Don't forget, we're still playing."Hermione moves back. Harry walks the diagonal in front of the King. "Checkmate."The King's sword falls onto the ground in victory. Harry breathes out and we all run to Ron. They bend down beside him.

"Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...we have to go on," I say to Hermione.

"You'll be okay. You're both great wizards and witches. You really are."

"Not as good as you," Harry says.

"Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry, just be careful. Keep an eye on him Jordan." I nod and give Hermione a small hug. Me and Harry stand up and walk out of the room.

~

Harry and I walk down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, he winces, feeling his scar burning, and sees Professor Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised. I feel that familiar shart pain soaring through my body.

"You? No. I-it can't be. Snape, h-he was the one—-," Harry says as Quirrel turns to us.

" Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?" he says, faking the stutter.

" But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me," Harry insists.

"No, dear boy. tried to kill you. And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little countercurse," he sneers.

"Told you," I whisper.

"Snape was trying to save me?"

"I knew you two were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween."

"You let the troll in," I say stepping closer.

"Very good, Potter, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone, never. Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?"

"Use the girl and the boy," an unseen voice says. Me and Harry look around, terrified.

"Come here, Potter. Now!  Tell me... what do you see? What do you see?" Quirrel says.

Me and Harry slow step up to the mirror. We look to see ourselves. Harry in the mirror smiles, pulls a red glowing stone out from his pocket and hands it to me. Mirror me takes the stone and puts it in my pocket. I can now feel the weight of the stone in my pocket.

"I - I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the House Cup." Harry lies.

"He lies," the voice says. Quirrel turns to us.

"Tell the truth! What do you see?"

"Let me speak to him."

"Master, you are not strong enough." Me and Harry start to back away.

"I have strength enough for this." Quirrell reaches up and starts unwrapping his turban as he turns so his back is to the mirror.  He is almost finished unwrapping his turban, save for a piece covering the back of his head. Finally, he removes the turban, revealing a scary-looking chalk-white face, Voldemort. He cranes around and opens his eyes."
"Jordan and Harry Potter, we meet again," Voldemorts says.

"Voldemort," Harry says.

"Yes. You see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket Jordan." I turn to Harry and we start to run up the stairs.

"Stop Them!" Quirrell snaps his fingers, instantly causing firewalls to block all the exits, trapping Harry in the room. "Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?"

"Never!" I yell

"Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Jordan, would you like to see your mother and father again? Together, we can bring them back.  All I ask for is something in return."I take the stone out of my pocket and examine it. I look up to see my parents smiling in the mirror.

"Jordan don't," Harry whispers.

"That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" I watch as my parents disappear from the mirror.

"Liar!" I shout.

"Kill them!"

Under orders, Quirrell soars into the air and grabs hold of my neck with one hand on my throat. We fall to the steps, causing the Stone falls out of my reach as Quirrell chokes me. Harry grabs the stone and moves it out of Quirrell's reach. I put my hand on Quirrell's hand in an attempt to get him off. Smoke furls from under my hand as Quirrell winces.

"Ahhh, ahh!" Quirrell groans. He backs up away from me. His hand is crumbling into ash and dust. "What is this magic?"
" Fool! Get the stone!"

Quirrell walks forward towards Harry, who then touches his face with his hands, causing Quirrell to scream in pain, and especially Voldemort to wince. Harry looks at me and then to the horrified Quirrell as he backs up with his face horrendously burned. Quirrell crumbles as he walks forward, turning his body completely in ash and dust, and falls to the floor, leaving only his clothing. Harry gasps and I rush over to hug him. I bend down and pick up the stone.  However, from behind, dust clouds form from Quirrell's corpse, causing me and Harry to turn around as the dust clouds with Voldemort's face rushes forward screaming and goes through me and Harry, who also screams. Voldemort flies away, as Harry and I fall to the ground, unconscious. I hold the Stone in an outstretched hand.