2. Parenting

Terza Clarisa was in her office at the mansion. She had a business meeting. She was a wife, mother and also businesswoman and lawyer. She had studied Law and Economics at University. Now she did over see different companies that had little or no crime affiliation. She worked in office, from home, on the move, in Sicily, outside Sicily. She travelled alot for her job. But she made sure she did spend a good amount of time at home with her husband and children too. That day she had decided to work from her office and not go to her main offices in Palermo not far from their home.

She was listening to the reports from her all team members of one of her hospitality companies that ran and owned hotels and restaurants. She was nodding and listening. She gave her views and one of the team type up the minutes of the meeting to distribute.

Once the meeting finished and her team left, she decided to go get herself a cup of coffee. She stood up but then the phone rang. So she sat back down behind her desk. She picked up "Hello."

Her sad voice came from the other side of the line "Hi..."

Terza said "Letizia... How are you?"

Letizia said "Clarisa... I am... I am totally lost... I am losing myself... I need to be in touch with my child..."

Clarisa said "I know... I do not agree with Vincenzo's verdict... He has found out that I have brought him to see you in secret. He has issued me a warning that I should not do it again..."

Letizia took a deep breath "I am so sorry... Did you get into trouble because of it?"

Clarisa said "No... Don't worry about it... But frankly secret meetings are not the solution. I hope he changes his verdict and lets you see your son soon... Your punishment is way too harsh. I do not understand why he had to ban you from seeing Patrizio..."

Letizia's voice broke at hearing her son's name "How is he? How is my son?"

Clarisa felt sorry for Letizia "He is fine... He is perfectly fine..."

Letizia said as she sobbed "What if I never see him again? What if he forgets me?"

Clarisa said in a sympathetic voice "Don't think like that. He will not forget you... I am sure he won't..."

Letizia sobbed "But he will..."

Clarisa sighed "Look... I know it is not much but I maybe able to get him to talk to you on the telephone tonight... I know it is not the same as seeing him in person but it is better than nothing..."

Letizia said with a shaky voice "I can't hear his voice and not see him. You do know that. If I hear his voice I won't be able to speak at all. I will just cry through the entire phone call. It happened the last time. I do not want him to hear me cry."

Terza said "This is a very unfortunate situation. I will try to find a way to get Vincenzo to change this arrangement. It is one thing to exile you and ban you from entering any areas the Rosarios do business in but it's another thing to ban you from seeing your son. It's just too cruel Letizia. I will work on it. But I can't promise anything. Vincenzo is not easy to convince."

Letizia said between hiccups "I am grateful... I do not deserve your sympathy... I was the reason Vincenzo couldn't confess his love to you back then when I did what I did. I can not believe you are actually on my side."

Terza did not know what to say. She could not believe it either. Letizia would have thought that she was going to feel satisfied at Letizia's downfall. But she just was not happy to see her suffer. She was Vitale's wife. They had a connection because Vitale was related to. Vincenzo. She did see her as family and could not disown her.