1. Home

Terza Clarisa was walking with her daughter Lavinia in the vast Rosario vineyards. It was a nice summer morning. She loved the warmth and beauty of the landscape but missed New York so much. Her husband and her had two main homes where they resided. Their family of five lived in Sicily for some months of the year and then went back to her home in New York for some months too.  She had three children. They had a boy and girl first, Leandro and Lavinia. Then a year later after having twins she had a boy, Leo. It was a surprise. But twins ran in the family. She had no idea how the children were going to cope with their schooling split between two countries but it was something that could not be changed. All because of her husband who happened to be Don Vincenzo Rosario. The young Don who was the head of the Rosario crime family in Italy. He operated businesses in Sicily and southern Italy mostly in addition to New York.

With power came risk and responsibility. Right now she had gone for a simple short morning walk with her six year old daughter but it did not matter. She had security watching over her. Her husband's men were armed and ready to defend her if needed everywhere surrounding them in the vineyard. They kept their distance but she could not ignore their presence. But her daughter did not seem to mind. She never cared about the men in suites accompanying them. They worked for his father. That was all she knew. She did not know who her father really was to these men. She had no idea her father was one of the most ruthless and powerful mob bosses in his generation. He was a leader of a complex and large criminal organisation. He had many enemies. But none dared breath near his territory, let alone come and harm his wife and kids. But security was all around.

Laviania said "Mum... Is that dad's car on the road?"

Terza Clarisa sighed "Yes... That is his car..." Vincenzo's car was being driven by him and of course his men followed in a line of cars behind him.

Lavinia said "Are you in trouble mum?"

Terza Clarisa smiled "Yes... But it is worth it... I know he said no one should be late to his breakfast table but this weather was too nice for us not to leave while he was having his morning ice bath... Us girls stick together. Right Lavina?"

Laviania said "Yes mum..."

Terza Clarisa saw how the car had stopped next to the road. He got off the car and leaned to the car with his hands in his pockets watching them.

Terza Clarisa said "These red grape wines are so beautiful... We can't keep him waiting and we have some explaining to do... So Let's go. ..." She lead her daughter towards him.

Laviania said "Is he mad?"

Terza Clarisa rolled her eyes "Sure... Anything fun is bad in your daddy's views... He always gets mad when mummy has fun."

Terza Clarisa and her daughter walked towards Vincenzo Rosario who was standing leaning to his car. His silence stare was on his wife and not on his daughter. He was giving her a stare that said he was not happy.

As the mother and daughter reached him. He said "Explain..." His gaze was zeroed at his wife.

Lavinia looked up at her mum.

Terza Clarisa said "We just came here for a walk..."

Vincenzo said "A walk? Right before breakfast, a meal time?"

Terza Clarisa said "Yes... It is so beautiful here in the summer. I thought my daughter and I have a nice walk... We will be back in New York soon for a while... So why not show her around?"

Vincenzo said "Get in the car. Breakfast is going to be served late because of your surprise outing." He then got into the driver's seat and drove away.