Chapter Thirty Six: Be My Bambina

Marcelle's POV
It's 6am on Saturday morning. It's a quiet morning. I'm putting the final touches on breakfast, hoping to still catch Vee in bed. She's a morning person. She never sleeps in past 6:30am  unless I'm sleeping past that time which has been happening a lot especially when she's in bed with me. It's like nothing else matters but that comfortable cuddly moment between us.

I placed the red rose in the case next to the simple breakfast I put together. I took a picture of it just to create a memory board for us. This is our first one because today, I'll respond to what she told me.

Nine days ago Vee told me She likes me more than she likes other people. That part where she said I'm special clearly told me that she wants something more than friendship. She wants to be my bambina and more importantly she wants to be anything I need.

A lot has happened since she said those words to me. Laila had a near death experience and Reina has been a mess. She's texting me a lot. She's calling me a lot and I just don't respond because I feel used. Besides, I can't be around Reina and not fuck up. She's touchy especially since she met Vee. I tried to give her a listening ear once.

It was the day after Laila woke up. She and Renée had another row that Reli thankfully out an end to by getting his wife to back down. She was crying, holding me and she even tried to kiss me. At that point, as much as my ex wife is attractive, I knew I had to put some space between us. She wants to mess this up for me and I can't do that to Vee. Not when she's putting herself out there for me by sharing her emotions.

This morning, I'm letting Vee know that I'm in. I had a lot to think about before coming to this conclusion. For starters and my biggest priority, my children. How will it work among us? The ex wife who happens to be their mother and a young woman I am growing fond of. Vee will not have any interaction with my children. They need to get used to the idea that Reina and I are really over before she can start being around them. Right now, my children and Vee are completely separate parts of my life.

For that reason,I'll ask her to stay here in this penthouse while I work stay in Napa with my kids. I can give her at least one day a month. I know it's not enough but y kids will have more of my attention. I just hope that it will work out.

I was also considering the Age difference between us. A one night stand has no implications. A relationship is on another scale. The Age difference between Vee and Sofia is two years. Just two years. I'm aware that people will talk. The first question Aidan asked me was Vee's age. He asked me if it's a financial relationship where I take care of her financially and she takes care of me in the bedroom. He won't be the only one thinking it. I'm 48 years old and she's 23.

I have battled with doubt. I have asked Muse repeatedly what I possibly want with her. At first, purely sex. I just wanted to get laid and I wanted her. But after seeing how her ex treated her, I decided I didn't want to be that man who is with her because of a physical relationship. I decided to see her as a potential partner for me.

Regardless of me making peace with my decision,it does not mean that others will. I'm not expecting they will. If we choose to go down this road, it would be like swimming against the tide, battling the crashing waves while still trying to hold each other's hand.

I set the breakfast tray on the other side of my bed that looks neat. I never sleep on my side of the bed. I sleep on her side, close to her warmth. When I'm alone in Napa, I do notice how the cold the king sized bed feels.

She looks like a sleeping angel. I don't want to wake her. It's strange that I had an active sex life when I was married and now that I'm not, I'll be getting zero action. That's the other thing I had to consider. How important is sex to me? Am I willing to forego it just to be with Vee? I am not going to get any with her. I may as well add celibacy to my vocabulary. At this rate my sons will probably get more action than I do.