XII

___________________________________________

Jennie was, to say the least, shocked. There was a large helping of amusement in there somewhere, but it was mostly concerned alarm. Lisa had lost her mind. Or come startlingly close, it seemed. Jennie was currently sitting cross-legged on the couch, watching as the blonde woman wore a hole through her own living room floor.

Lisa had moved two tri-fold stands into the room from her office, an overly large writing page set on each. Jennie was on-call for the restaurant, and Lisa had only just arrived back home. She paced in tight circles, her teeth on edge, but her voice surprisingly pleasant.

"No, I would like to speak with Dr. Hwang, for the sixth time," she ran critical eyes over the left page, taping a pen in her hands, "yes, I will hold," she touched the Bluetooth headset in her ear to mute the mouthpiece.

"Uh, Lisa?" the woman began hesitantly.

"Yes, Jennie?"

"What in the hell are the boxes by the door for?"

The woman paused her pacing and glanced, her face lighting up, "Oh wonderful! They're finally here,"

"Finally? Lisa, I had to sign for them because they were overnighted."

"They're your supplements!"

"My..."

"Nothing alarming, I promise. I had two of my best interns cross reference the list I gathered of necessary vitamins and supplements you'll be needing, with those of other prestigious fertility clinics and doctors. Then, they researched various brands and types to find the best of each," Lisa was speaking quickly and proudly, missing completely Jennie's growing look of disbelief, "Naturally, there's folic acid, vitamin B, as well as iron, calcium, omega-3, and low dosages of vitamin A. I didn't get vitamin D, because that's what I'm here for," Lisa's swift wink was almost missed by Jennie, and the woman kept going, unperturbed, "And then obviously, I got them in all in different pill sizes so you can find what you're comfortable with, as well as in powered form if you're feeling too nauseous to swallow the pills,"

Lisa broke to breathe, her smile curling happily at her accomplishments, once more speaking quickly, "I sent your health details in to a clinic last week and they've devised a rough schedule for you, but you have a dietician appointment tomorrow morning just to be sure," she suddenly broke off, touching her ear once more.

"Yes, I'm here," she continued her pacing, listening to the phone intently, and Jennie kept her rear on the sofa cushions, not knowing exactly what demon had possessed Lisa, but hoping not to incur its wrath.

"Ah, Dr. Hwang," Lisa glided out, her accent svelte and warm, "Yes, I'm sorry to pull you out of surgery, I hope you'll forgive me. You see, my name is Lisa Manoban... yes, the Lees are dear friends of mine. In fact, they mentioned you to me when they heard I was going to have a baby,"