IX

___________________________________________

"You're sure you're not pregnant?"

Jisoo was biting her lip, watching Jennie rinse her mouth out for the third time in the staff bathroom.

"Positive," the woman sighed, "Lisa's practically bought out the store of pregnancy tests. It doesn't help that I've never had a regular period, but... I think it might just be my body wanting to be pregnant. I have no idea."

"You've been doing this for a week, Jennie."

"I know, I know," she grimaced, "But I took the tests, Jisoo,"

"Maybe you should go in to the doctor and have them see what's up?" her voice was edged in nervousness, "Because right now, you look just like Rosé did when she was first pregnant with Alice,"

"I'm not pregnant, Jisoo," Jennie stressed, and Jisoo 's face hardened.

"Fine, but you're not going back to work,"

"That's ridiculous," Jennie scoffed, "Even if I were pregnant, I'd still go back to work,"

The dark-haired woman grimaced, "Yeah, I realize that, but you're not going to today because Lisa's going to be here any minute,"

"You called Lisa?!" Jennie shouted, and Jisoo flinched but straightened fiercely.

"Yes! Now stop whining about it and just go with her," she huffed and crossed her arms, "You don't listen to me, so maybe she can knock some sense into you,"

Jennie sighed deeply, "Aren't you trying to have a fourth child? That's way too many kids to still have room to mother me,"

"Jennie?"

"Jesus..."

Lisa glared at the blonde-haired woman fiercely before thanking Jisoo for calling her, "I'm glad she listens to you, at least,"

To which Jisoo laughed but only nodded.

"Jennie, please get in the car,"

"Oh for God's sake," the woman threw her hands up and stomped out of the bathroom, leaving Jisoo and Lisa to jointly roll their eyes at her adult-sized fit. When Lisa exited the building, Jennie was leaning against Lisa's German sports car.

While Lisa drove to the doctor's office, Jennie chided her about leaving work to come pick her up, "And what in the hell is wrong with Jisoo?" She wondered, feeling slighted, "Calling you, and then you actually showing up,"

"She was concerned, Jennie," Lisa explained, almost to the hospital, "I'm concerned, too,"

"What if I didn't get in the car? Were you going to call my mother?" Jennie grumbled.

Lisa breathed through her nose, "No, but your sister was a close second choice,"

The blue-eyed woman shot her a questioning glare, "You wouldn't,"