Nicolas Flamel ~ Y3

Start from the beginning

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hello, Norbert," Hagrid says as the dragon turns to him.

"Norbert?" Me and Harry say together.

Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he? Don't you, Norbert?" He raises his fingers back and forth across Norbert's chin. Norbert backs away, until he hiccups and blasts a small fireball into Hagrid's beard.

"Oh! Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course. Who's that?" We all turn to see Draco Malfoy watching through the window of the hut. He runs off when he sees us watching him.

"Malfoy."

We race out of Hagrids but and back up to the castle.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him," Harry says.

" It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows," Ron groans.

"Is that bad?" Hermione asks.

"It's bad," I say as Malfoy and Mcgonagall turn the corner and stand in front of us.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50!" Harry exclaims.

"Each. And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive a detention. And Mrs. Potter, I expected more from you."

"Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said..." the five of us, Malfoy says.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates," McGonagall says. Malfoy glares at Harry as if this was his fault and I smirk.

~
We follow Filtch out to Hagrids hut while he is waiting.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming. You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the forbidden forest. Sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filtch says as we approach Hagrid.

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony," Hagrid says.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind," I say.

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

"Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you," Filtch says. Hagrid nods.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are... ...werewolves!" Malfoy says looking at the forest.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty-night." Filtch walks back towards the castle and we follow Hagrid into the forest.

Hagrid stops, bends down, and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.

"What is that?" I ask him.

"What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured badly by something. So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me. Jordan, you get Harry and Malfoy."

"Fine, then I get Fang," Malfoy demands.

"Fine, he's a bloody coward." I lead the way through the forest and Malfoy complains.

"You wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff."

"Malfoy, no one asked about our father. Shut up," I yell back to him.

"If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared," Harry says. I smirk proudly.

"Scared, Potter?! Did you hear that? Come on, Fang."

"For the love of Godric, nothing is here Malfoy," I scoff.

Up ahead is a cloaked figure who is crouching over a dead unicorn, drinking its blood from its wound. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth. Harry gasps and grabs his scar, which is hurting. Malfoy screams with pure fear and runs away with Fang. I feel that horrible pain soar throughout my body and I try to get to Harry. The figure slides over the unicorn. It advances towards Harry and me. We back up but trip on the tree roots. We start to crawl backwards. Suddenly, there is the sound of hoof beats. A figure leaps over Harry and me and lands near the cloaked figure. It rears back, and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

"Harry and Jordan Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you two," the creature says as it comes into view. It's a Centaur.

"But what was that thing you saved us from?" Harry asks.

" A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life."

"But who would choose such a life?" Harry asks.

"Can you think of no one?" We think for a second.

"Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?" I ask.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?"

"The sorcerers stone," I whisper in realization.

Fang suddenly barks and we look up to see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Draco appear. Hagrid has his crossbow ready but lowers it when he sees Firenze.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met the young Potters You all right there, Harry? Jordan?" We nod our heads at Hagrid.

"Harry and Jordan Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." With that, Firenze takes off back into the dark forest.

~

Back in the common room, me and Harry explain what happened in the forest.

"You mean You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?" Hermione asks.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back," Harry says.

"I'm sorry guys but I don't believe Snape is trying to steal the stone!" They don't listen to me.

"But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?" Ron asks looking at me and Harry.

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill me and Jordan tonight," he says. Ron and Hermione look worried.

"We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared? Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore's around, Harry, we're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, we can't be touched," I say. The trio nods and looks a little relieved.