𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

They watched as Evelyn snapped out of her thoughts, registering his words. "Yeah, yeah, I can." Normally, her magic was her first resort, so why hadn't she thought about it before Issac brought it up?

"Alright, Evie can do that while the rest of us talk to his dad." Lydia told them, the group going their separate ways.

༄༄༄

Hours later, Evelyn had run into Mr. and Mrs. McCall in the woods, she only paused for a few seconds to speak with them before running past them.

She made her way to the coyote den, her chest tightening as she spotted Stiles laying down, his eyes closed as he mumbled to himself. She walked towards him and bent down, wrapping her arms around him, only he screamed as soon as she touched him. "Wait! No, wait! No!"

Melissa helped her bring Stiles out of the den, backing up as Evelyn tried to calm the distressed boy. "Stiles! It's okay!"

The boy didn't seem to register her words or that she was the one behind him, "Wait!"

"Hey, it's okay! You're okay!" Evelyn shouted over his voice, pulling the boy against her chest. The boy seemed to slowly relax as Evelyn continued to slowly whisper to him. "It's okay, you're alright. You're alright."

༄༄༄

Evelyn stood up and Stilinski approached her and her friends, the man addressing them. "He's sleeping now. And he's just fine." The teens exhaled in relief, "He doesn't remember much. It's a bit like a dream to him."

He looked over at Agent McCall, who was quick to explain. "It was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out. I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. It's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone."

Stilinski shook his head at the man's words, "No, it was more than that. Thank you."

"I was a lucky connected." Agent McCall dismissed.

Stilinski sighed in frustration, "McCall, can you shut up please and accept my sincerest gratitude."

"Accepted." Agent McCall said, the two men shaking his heads before Stilinski looked over at the brunette girl. "Witchy stuff?"

"Witchy stuff." Evelyn confirmed with a soft smile, the man nodding.

"All right, you three." Melissa spoke up, looking over at the three teens. "You've got school in less than six hours. Go home. Go to sleep."

Scott hugged his mom and Evelyn and Lydia stood beside each other, the strawberry blonde whispering. "I don't know what happened. I was so sure."

Scott walked back over to them, "Yeah I wasn't much help either. Doesn't matter if he's okay."

Lydia suddenly paused in her tracks, looking around as if she heard something they didn't. After a moment, Evelyn called out to her friends. "Lyds? You hearing something?"

"No." Lydia responded after a beat, "I don't hear anything."

༄༄༄

Evelyn and Scott went back to the hospital the second they got out of school, they were now standing in the MRI room as the doctor spoke. "I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this. Or if it's not actually a misspelling."