The Communist 🧷🌑🖤🙄🥺💅✨😤

Y/n's pov:

Once I had awoken to the sun beating down on my pale skin, I opened my blood-shot purple orbs and raised my head. Images and memories of yesterday flooded my brain, the priestess, what we did together, then Rennie, the communist. I'm not entirely sure what communism is, but I've heard enough in the papers to know it isn't the kind of system that the Lord would ever agree to. Ah yes. The Lord, I haven't seen him for a while, I wonder if he would visit me today, after the traumatic experience in the temple with Freya, I feel my cheeks burn, she was very beautiful, but it is the Lord who I love.

*knock knock*

The sudden knocking interrupted my thoughts, and I felt my heart pound hoping for Farquaad to be stood there with open arms. I hurried over and swung it open,

"Oh Far- oh." I look up and see Chadley stood in front of me. "H-hello Chadley." I sigh and turn away from him.
"Not who you were expecting?" I can feel his disappointment ringing in his words as he enters my room.
"No not really, but still, you're my friend now, and it's nice seeing you again." I smile up at him.
"Yeah, friend." He draws in a long breath "Farquaad is allowing you to have a few weeks relief from your duties, following the events of yesterday."
"And could the Lord not tell me this himself?" I snap, turning to face him.
"I'm only doing my job Y/N." He brushes his hand over my cheek then pulls away.
"You're allowed wherever you want. But I need to escort you at all times." He smiles.
"I understand, thank you for telling me." He turns to leave but something possesses me to stop him. "Wait!" I call,
"Yes Y/N?"
"Erm, Renata, the communist. I wish to see her."
"What?" He seems surprised.
"You heard me. I want to see her." He smiles and walks to leave
"I understand, get dressed and I shall take you to her." He closes the door behind him and I'm stood alone in my room. I open my wardrobe and see the 3 dresses, my hideous maid uniform, my grey frock, and the red gown Farquaad had given me. I peek my head round the door and see Chadley waiting for me.

"Erm, Chadley."
"Yes Y/N?"
"We may need to go shopping first." He smiles
"As you wish love." I blush hard and turn my face away. "Although, I do have something you may like." He leaves for a moment then returns with a box And hands it to me.
"What is it?" I ask, he laughs
"Open it and find out" I slowly open the box and pull out a beautiful green gown embroidered with tiny silver and gold flowers, I gasp.
"Oh Chadley! It's gorgeous, I-I can't accept  it, I'm far too plain and poor to wear such a garment." He scoffs
"You are the furthest thing from plain Y/N." My cheeks turn red. "Besides, like I said, green suits you, it brings out those perfect eyes of yours." And with that he shuts the door and leaves me to get dressed.

The gown feels soft and silky on my skin, I open the door and Chadley's eyes widen as he sees me.
"What is it? Oh I knew it! I look silly." I sigh and look to my feet. Chadley lifts my chin and stares longingly, his green orbs meeting my purple eyes.
"Y/N, never talk bad about yourself again. You are simply the most beautiful being I have ever seen." My heart begins to race when he clears his throat and turns his head away. "We should get going if you want to meet the communist."

Chadley takes me down a winding stone staircase, the air gets cold as we enter the dungeon. I walk past people behind bars, laughing and whistling at me one of them crying out "pretty thing come here!" And the rest begin to laugh. Chadley grimaced and hit the bars with his sword. Once we reach the very end, I see her. The tall woman with dark curly hair cascading down her back. She looks up at me and her eyes widen.
"What? What are you doing here?!" She hissed
"I've come to speak with you."
"Why? Haven't you done enough by sending me to this place?!" Her eyes near tears.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be sent here. But I want to learn." She pauses and a small smile spreads across her face.
"About what?"
"About communism. I want to know what it is." I sigh and glance to Chadley who looks disappointed.
"I wouldn't expect a rich princess like you to understand." She scoffs.
"What? I'm not a princess I'm from a poor village on the outskirts of Duloc." I almost laugh at the absurdity. And Rennis looks almost pleasantly surprised.
"So you're poor?"
"Yes. I'm Lord Farquaads-" I pause, I don't know who I am to the Lord anymore. "-maid. I am his maid." I sigh "he employed me after he caught me stealing bread from him to feed my 69 brothers."
"What about your parents?" She asked, unknowing of the pain she unearthed.
"They aren't alive anymore."
"Oh, I'm so sorry." She paused "mine are gone too." She looked in my eyes and we shared a sweet moment of understanding. "I'll tell you about it."
"About what?"
"Communism." She smiled, and I smiled too.
"Thank you Renata."
"No, thank you Y/N. For listening." We shook hands past the bars as she began her lecture.

We had been down there for a few hours when we heard the clatter of armour and the shouting of a distressed man.
"What the hell do you think you're doing Y/N?!" Screamed Lord Farquaad as he pulled me away from Renata.
"I- nothing! We're just talking?!" I tried explaining, but he wasn't listening, instead he began yelling at Chadley and the guards to take Renata away to the execution grounds.
"NO! PLEASE! Please Max!" It was the first time he heard me say his true name. "Please! Please don't hurt her. I'll do anything." I touched his face And pressed my forehead against his chest, muttering pleads under my breath.
"Okay, okay we won't hurt her, just calm down." He took my hand and lead me back up the stone steps and to his chamber door.