"But, thank you for protecting our family," Annabeth said softly.

Cassie leaned her head against the daughter of Athena's shoulder. "Always."

And before the Hunter knew it, sleep consumed her, her breathing slowly evening while a small smile formed on Annabeth's face as she peacefully continued to read her book like it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Yelena and Lia conversed casually as they made their way to the living room, only to find the whole team in a dishevelled state, half passed out on the couches. Clint, Sam and Tony all had ice packs in their hands pressed against their bruises.

"What the hell happened to you all?" Lia asked.

Steve sighed. "Our mission was a failure."

"Why don't you ask Pointbreak over there? He apparently knows who she really is," Tony grumbled. "Who they all really are."

Thor glanced up at the mention of his nickname, a glum expression on his face. "They aren't someone you all should have messed with, especially the Hunters."

Lia's eyes suddenly widened at the mention of the Hunters. "Wait, wait, wait, did you just say the Hunters?"

The Avengers' turned their attention to Lia at her reaction.

"Yeah, they were apparently the siblings that broke Percy out," Natasha said.

"Who exactly are the Hunters?" Yelena asked curiously.

"The original tri-bloods," Lia stated. "They're a legend."

"One of the most powerful demigods of all time," Thor added.

"Demigods? So, they're like Thor?" Steve asked while Lia shook her head.

"No, not really. Thor is like the Easter Bunny compared to the Hunters," Lia stated, while Thor crossed his arms, clearly offended by the comparison, but he knew she was right. "They are the real deal."

Yelena noticed that Lia was really tense and worried from knowing this information, gently placing a hand on the dark-haired female's shoulder in reassurance to calm her down.

"And how exactly did you guys manage to get involved with them?" Lia asked.

"Well, Fury deemed Percy as a threat, and Romanoff and Barton captured him and brought him in for questioning. And then they made their appearance, breaking him out," Tony explained shortly. "And then we tried to corner his sister and bring her in too but got our asses kicked instead."

"The one we just fought was Cassandra, the older twin. Her brother, Elias is just as powerful, but compared to him, she's the one you should fear the most," Thor warned them.

"I suggest you don't get involved with them again if you want to live," Lia told them, a hint of fear in her tone that surprised everyone. "They could kill you in a blink of an eye if they wished."

"Well that's comforting to know," Bucky muttered.

"They're a potential threat to SHIELD," Tony told him.

Thor shook his head. "Perseus and the Hunters' ancestors have been at somewhat peace with the Norse Pantheon. They're not a threat unless you provoke them, which you did, and you saw what happened."

Tony raised an eyebrow. "So, you suggest we just leave them alone after all that you've told us about them?"

"Yes, exactly," Thor agreed, nodding.

"Well, trying telling that to Fury," Clint said. "He's quite intent on catching them."

"That will turn out to be his downfall," Thor replied.

Tony smirked. "Oh, I would love to see that."

Steve shot him a glare, signalling for him to shut up while a few rolled their eyes at his comment.

"I definitely agree with Thor, and you all should stick to our warning if you're smart," Lia told them.

Tony narrowed his eyes at the dark-haired nephilim. "I understand Thor being wary, seeing as he got his ass kicked as well, but why you, Herondale? Aren't they like your cousins or something?"

Lia let out a sigh. "Yes, the Hunters are demigods,  but they are also the most powerful nephilims. The first generation of them; the oldest, fastest and the strongest which is why they're called the original tri-bloods for a reason. So forgive me, Stark, if I'm a bit shaken up due to the fact that you recklessly decided to interfere with the original beings of my kind."

The nephilim glared at the billionaire, who tried to avoid her gaze. Silence soon loomed over the group as they tried to comprehend all the information Thor and Lia had supplied them with.