The Troll in the Girl's Bathroom ~ Y3

Start from the beginning

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall," Hermione says. We all look at her confused.

"Miss Granger?"

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry, Ron, and Jordan hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead," Hermione lies. I turn and see Snape's leg and Harry does the same. Blood. Snape moves his cloak to cover it up once he notices me and Harry looking.

"Be that as it may be...it was an extremely foolish thing to do. I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment. As for you three, I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck," McGonagall says. She and the other Professors leave the bathroom.

"Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh," Quirrell says as he leads us out of the bathroom.

We return to the common room and everyone starts to crowd us asking questions. I explain the whole story and our classmates listen in shock. The tool in the bathroom was the topic of conversation for the rest of the week.

~

Today is our first game against Slytherin. Marcus Flint has been gloating to me that he was made team Captain. Apparently, they have a whole new team and I'm kinda worried. I enter the Great Hall dressed in my gear and I sit down as Snape walks by.

"That explains the blood," he says.

"What blood?" I ask.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping," Harry explains. I turn and watch Snape. He is limping.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asks.

"The day me and Jordan were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret," Harry says.

"So you're saying..." Hermione starts.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants," Harry says matter a factly. Hermione opens her mouth to say more but stops when we notice Hedwig, Harry's snowy owl, flying in with a large object in her mouth. We watch as she drops it and Harry catches it and sets it down.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione says.

"But, I never get mail."

"Let's open it," Ron says excitedly. We tear through Harry's package to reveal and brand new broomstick.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry says.

"That's not just any broomstick, Harry. It's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron says.

"But who...?" Harry says. We turn to see McGonagall petting Hedwig at the teacher's table. We smile at her.

~

We head down to the pitch. And get ready. Cedric comes down to wish us luck. He brings Rolf with him.

"Good luck Jordan," Rolf says hugging me.

"Thanks, "I say. I watch him leave and wave. I turn around to see Fred and George crossing their arms and wiggling their eyebrows.

"Stop," I say giggling as I playfully hit them with my broom.

We line up and I see Oliver talking to Harry.

The door opens and we get on our brooms and follow Oliver out into the air.