Chapter 4 Having a bad time

Start from the beginning

She nods and glances at Frisk once more before walking back to her friends.

Sans raises his hand, suddenly making a knocking motion in the air. You could hear the hollow sound effect of an invisible door getting knocked all around. His actions caused the warp door to summon. The color of fire flickered beneath the crack. Once opened, the colors illuminated him as he jumped inside without looking back at Frisk's worried expression.

Alphys returns to the room, and the first to ask a question is Toriel. "What was that all about, and where is Sans?"

Alphys took a moment to reply. Toriel was now speaking her mind and out of the script as well? Did everyone have the freedom of speech in the game now? "No n-n-need to be alarmed. Sans will be back." She knew something strange went on in her world but never expected it to be a game. She was clever enough to figure out the subtle hints that Sans spoke to her about as they worked on the time machine together behind the scenes.

Papyrus shouted out soon after, "THAT'S NOT LIKE MY BROTHER TO WANDER OFF! OH, WAIT....YES, IT IS, NEVER MIND...."

---------------------------------------

Back at the house, I started getting cold, just sitting here. What was taking Flowey so long?! With his fast traveling skill by going underground, you'd think it wouldn't take him THIS long to get the key and pop back up in Snowdin. Maybe he got caught, Frisk refused to give up the key, or Sans knew his plans all along! All these questions scrambled around in my mind as I grew more worried.

---------------------------------------

What the Player didn't know, Flowey was fighting his inner demons. To help the Player escape the game or let them suffer in Undertale forever. Asriel within fought with all his might to press forward to fight off these negative thoughts, but it was as if the game prevented him from moving another inch under the ground. With him becoming stalled, it was at this moment that Sans arrived at Snowdin Town. The door appeared by the toolshed while Sans walked out of the opened door. He took no breaks as he started to hunt down the intruder. Sans felt a presence around Snowdin Town but couldn't pinpoint the human's whereabouts, which concerned him quite a bit. He knew where everyone was in the game, Just like Flowey does. But this human was different and gave off a strange vibe.

---------------------------------------

Around the corner of the house, I rested my eyes with my arms crossed and head lowered. In my left ear, I heard footsteps approaching. Was it Flowey? No. The sounds he makes on the ground are not of footsteps. Unless he was able to transform into Asriel again?! I jumped up, off my lean, and turned the corner so fast, that I almost tripped over my footing. To my surprise, no one was around. I looked at the snow, seeing footprints stop at the door to the house. I make my way over to the prints bending lower to look closer. They appear to be prints of someone wearing slippers.

My body freezes in place. I stand up slowly, turning my head to my left, eyeing the door of Sans's and Papyrus's house. I started to put the puzzle pieces together, now understanding that Sans was in the home. I slowly backed up, thinking that I was unseen until I bumped into someone from behind.

"Human....don't you know...." Sans was about to finish his sentence, but I spun around so fast, having him pause abruptly.

I stumble back, almost losing my footing again. I raised my hands as if a cop were threatening me to put up my hands. "Please don't hurt me, Sans! It's not what you think!" Looking away, I waited for his response, but Sans wasn't replying after a few seconds of both of us just standing there. I lower my hands down, scanning him with my eyes with a confused look. "Is it another glitched-out Sans?" I said out loud as my posture felt more relaxed.