Prologue

Hello, and thanks for visiting to read this fun little fanfic of mine. The story is kind of an "X reader," having hardly any information about you or giving you a name throughout the adventure. Only some information needed to be added, specific things about the Player, to keep the story from being too bland.

I want to point out that I don't stick with the common Undertale lore...at least, I don't believe I do....So if there are things within my story that may sound odd for an Undertale tale, it's my interpretation of my theory to make it more interesting for the story. There are many fanfics of Undertale, and I am very late to the party. So this story may have already been thought of before. Regardless, this was something that kept my mind off of things and helped me relax.

I do not own the rights to the Undertale game or the characters. Toby Fox is a genius!

With that being said, enjoy the read! 

Prologue:

Today was a long one for me. Being a human on this god-forsaken Earth is challenging and stressful, but coming home and going right to my bedroom was what I needed to relax my tired brain and body for the night. I squinted at the clock on my cell phone screen, seeing the time was 9:00 at night. I felt exhausted, trying to force my body to move. I didn't have the energy to change out of my clothes and into my pajamas.

Usually, I can stay up relatively late, but my eyelids told me otherwise as they started to close. I removed my shoes but kept my socks on for the time being due to my room being a bit drafty. I shut off the bedroom light and used my phone to navigate through my room so I wouldn't stub my toe on anything. Once I got in bed, I wanted some ambient sounds while I slept.

I sometimes have difficulty sleeping as my mind tends to wander. I overthink a lot, which keeps me up. But this time, I was determined to fall asleep! And with the help of the internet, I was able to find videos to help that issue of mine. Listening to Let's Plays or random music helps me sleep at times.

After having my computer play videos, I snuggle into bed to keep warm, hearing the voices and gameplay in the background while I rest. After twenty minutes, I fall into a deep slumber.

Time had passed as the room went quiet. The computer monitor started to act up and went into a blue screen of death until it shut down, having the whole room smothered in darkness. Five minutes later, the screen popped back on. A game started to play that made me suddenly wake up, startled by the music echoing within my room. I sat up in bed in bewilderment, looking at the monitor and seeing my computer starting up the Undertale game.

Interestingly enough, the game wasn't on the title screen but at the part when you, the Player, name the fallen child. Before I gathered my thoughts about all of this, I glanced at my cell phone, seeing the time was 3:00 in the morning. I put my phone back down on the nightstand and pulled myself out of bed to have a better look. I slipped on my shoes next to my bed, making my way to the computer desk in my bedroom. Before I could step any closer to the desk, the computer almost blinded me with a white light that illuminated the room. It wasn't until I rubbed my eyes to adjust them after the light faded within the room that I was face to face with a door that appeared to be glitching out. An abundance of pixels disappeared and reappeared, trying to form the door. It seemed that the computer monitor created it? What was I seeing, and how? Was I sleepwalking, seeing things that aren't truly there? Suddenly, the door swings open before I can back up from the situation, presenting blackness within it. I could feel my feet sliding on the floor, getting pulled closer to the strange door. I tried to back away; unfortunately, I couldn't escape the grasp and got flung into the other side of the door. It slammed shut once the thick darkness absorbed my body.

The game on the computer started to type out "Player," naming the child, thus beginning the game....