Chapter 4 Having a bad time

Alphys scrolled through her phone. All of the underground monsters waited for Frisk to venture through the shattered barrier. The nervous scientist was about to show off an anime to Undyne and Asgore until an alarm rang loudly. Her phone alarmed her that the cameras picked up a strange new being in Snowdin Forest. Alphys pulled back her phone quickly away from them to see what the camera had picked up.

"What was that sound, Alphys?" Undyne tried to sneak a peek at her girlfriend's phone but witnessed Alphys covering the screen up more.

"N-nothing, Undyne. "I'll b-be right back." She shuts off the alarm and steps away from the group for a moment. The group didn't flinch from their spot. At a safe distance, Alphys started to talk to herself. "What? How....how could this be?! Another one?!" She freaks out seeing the video of the newcomer passing by the camera hidden in the bush at the large Ruin door. Strangely enough, the camera only picked up the Player, not Asriel. "Why didn't the alarm go off sooner?!" She asked herself, seeing when the human passed the camera twenty minutes later.

She took a moment to process this, wondering who she could tell. The only one that came to mind first was Sans, given that he was capable of using his talent to get to Snowdin faster than anyone else standing around.

She gulps and hides her phone by placing it into her pocket for the time being. She went back to her spot by the group in a semicircle. Across from her was Sans, as she glanced over to him and spoke out. "Say...umm... Sans? Can I speak to y-you in private....please?"

Sans became baffled. Alphys never spoke out of script like that before. After being reset so many times by the Player and Flowey, Sans knew they all were in a game and knew everyone's text by heart. "Sure, I guess...." They both walked into the next room over where Frisk was, by the save point. 

Once she felt things were safe to speak up about the issue, she stuttered, "My c-camera picked up movement in Snowdin Forest. Upon further inspection, I n-noticed it was another h-human!" She looked over her shoulder, seeing Frisk still at their post. "I thought only one human fell down at a time?"

Frisk looked over to Sans and Alphys. They were silent, knowing Flowey had already taken the key from them. They started to get a bit nervous if their actions caused some trouble. They, too, knew they were part of a game. And seeing Flowey break the code made them a bit nervous.

Sans was at a loss for words. Why didn't he sense the new human in the Underground? His thoughts about this faded with Frisk acting oddly. Alphys was obstructing Sans's view as he leaned over to the side to glance at Frisk, that appeared to be flustered. "Frisk...Do you know something we don't?"

Frisk could also break the game by speaking for the first time as they explained what had occurred. "Flowey was here...."

Both Alphys and Sans said simultaneously, "What!?

"Yeah, he asked for something of mine but told me not to say what it was to anyone," Frisk explained.

Sans teleported over to Frisk, "What....did he take?"

"I....I don't know. I'm trying to remember, but all I hear is horrible static when I try to figure out what he wanted from me." The child tried to help the best they could.

Sans grumbled, "Something or someone is preventing you from recalling what Flowey took from you."

Alphys shouted out, "Damn, that flower...."

Sans turned to face Alphys once more. "I'll go take a look and report back if I need backup. I'm sure the human is making their way to Snowdin Town. Make sure no one else in the other room moves, Okay? I don't want any more of these new behaviors happening to the others."