F O U R T Y F I V E

Start from the beginning

X

I'm being teased all the way home about all the embarrassing stories my family told him about me. Finn even told him about when chocolate milk came out of my nose and blew out his birthday candles.

I huff "Stop it." His laughter slows down and he rests his head back and looks at me with a smile "You're my weirdo." He pats the back of my head and closes in to kiss my cheek. Setting back in his seat again. His hand goes to my thigh and he just keeps it there while he looks out the window.

I park the car and we get out.
Walking up the stairs, he's behind me, he chuckles "The fact you blew out his birthday candles with your snot." I groan "I was three!"

I reach my floor and take my keys out to open the door. He stops my hand "What are you doing?" I look down, sulking "I don't wanna come to your stupid place." He smiles and holds my hand, pulling me up the stairs with him to his loft.

We walk in and he pins himself against the door, looking at me with soft eyes "I hope the prom guy knows what he was missing though." I smile and shake my head "Don't try to make me feel better."

"I'm not. I just wish all the other guys before knew how amazing you are."

"More like three guys."

He rests his head back and sighs "Even them."
He's off the door and takes my hands in his, kissing my brow and saying "Dance with me." Before I could say no, before I could even stay away, he has me in his hold. I get nervous "No, I'm not a good dancer."

"Oh, just one dance with me."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. I wanna dance with you."

"What if I step on your toe?"

He chuckles "You can step on all ten of them and I still won't stop dancing with you." I try to make a cliché excuse "But there's no music." He nods and takes his phone out. Playing a song on YouTube and keeps it on his counter "Now we do."
He walks to the kitchen and dims the lights.

PLAY THE SONG
This is their song

He walks to me with a smile "Dance with me, Lana." Putting his hand out. I hold it and he pulls me in against him. Taking my arms and wrapping them around his waist and his arms around me. He sways to the music with a smile on his face. I start swaying with, my head down, looking at our feet so I would not step on him. His chest vibrates as he laughs "Look at me, Lana." I do and he pins a kiss on my forehead. Then he kisses my brow and then my temple. I could feel how he was rolling the ends of my hair between his fingers as he brings his lips down to the bridge of my nose.

Something was bugging me since morning. I hated how it clawed inside my head. With my voice soft, I ask "Can I ask you something?" He just hums with his lips still on the bridge of my nose.
"Why was Harvey in the cafe?" I ask as gently as I could. He backs up, I can feel his spine stiffen and he rolled his shoulders, not looking me in the eye "You don't wanna know. I don't want him to become the bad guy in your head. I know you had feelings for him and I'm okay with you having them. But as long as your feelings are stronger for me; I don't care."

"I'd still wanna know."

He sighs "He was there to tell me that he'll take you away from me. Steal you away from me because I don't deserve you." My arms around his waist go loose "What?" He nods and sighs "I'm sorry. I told you that you shouldn't ask."

That can't be Harvey. It's not like him to be this...
He says the word for me "He's being vindictive. He's always been like this. Always wants to even things out or have the upper hand." My eyebrows knit together as I look at him, not believing a word. Even though he has no reason to lie. I just can't believe that Harvey would be like this. He presses a thumb to smooth the crinkle on my forehead "Forget it, Lana. I told you; to pay attention to me. Don't think about him. Think about me. How much you like me." He kisses my cheek "How much I like you." Kissing my jaw "How much you love when I touch you." Kissing my neck "How much do you scream when I play with your sensitive spots." His hands go to my back and he pulls the zip down to my waist, his fingers brushing up my spine and he cups the back of my neck, tilting my head up.