"Sto— oW—", my foot stuck in something that I lurched forward but I was held back by my arm.

"Careful!", a voice gasped. My heart was overwhelmed. It was just been few hours Taehyung and I didn't see eachother and this one sight of him made my heart ache.

He looked sad. Our eyes were doing a conversation whose jargon was no more familiar to me.

We just stared at eachother until the senses knocked my brain to interrupt the cryptic conversation.

I moved away from his brace and turned to get into my car to follow Kyle.

[Taehyung's Point of View]

I saw her going away, physically as well as emotionally. I still couldn't process how everything turned upside down in just 24 hours.

I was blaming myself so everything. I was unable to understand her perspective but one thing I knew was that she was scared.

Scared to lose her friend and in turn she chose to loosen the grip of our relationship.

It was crazy how feelings work.

How did I end up loving her so much in this short span of time after hating her for years.

Were we still living the stage of infatuation?

I immediately shook my head in denial. It wasn't infatuation. It was more than that.

Something genuine.

I wanted to give her time, any amount she needed because it might be over from her end but not from mine.

I shut my eyes tightly to get a second opinion from my inner self and things were decided, I was cutting ties with the Collins.

I picked up my cellphone to dial Catherine but her name popped up on the screen before I could. I brushed my hair and cleared my throat before attending.

"I was about to call you.....", I started.
"Hey Taehyung, let me go first it's really urgent listen to me carefully. Kyle has finalized the deal with your company and I'm just giving you the news unofficially he will announce it tomorrow but we need to do a really important work before that. This uncle of ours hold 30% share in our company and we got the news this evening that he's on his deathbed. Now we urgently need to go catch up with him before he pass the share to this one illegitimate bother we have, Ashay—",

"Illegitimate bother?", My forehead crumpled up.
"It's a little messed up story I'll tell you on the way. Please meet me at the airport we have flight after two hours", she spoke in hurry and hung up even before I could speak my part.

I looked at the blank phone's screen. My brain was processing for a moment but then a text popped up.

Catherine: Don't get your secratary with you, she has no job there.

Only if she knew the truth. I thought.

I reached to the phonebook to call Y/n but it went to voicemail everytime.

I chose to record.

My throat felt dry even before I speak.

<Not sure if you are ignoring my calls because you are still mad at me. I'm really sorry for everything happened to 'us', just want to tell you that I love you and never thought that your cold shoulder going to bother me so much. Kyle has finalized the deal with our company, I know this is going to rage you out but you deserve to know as my secretary.......most importantly..... I'm going overseas with Catherine as the siblings have some beef with this one mysterious brother of them. I really wanted to spend the new year with you and announce our relationship to our moms.....but.....>