Chapter 18.

[Taehyung's point of view]

I let out a deep sigh resting my head to the headrest of the chair.

I was weary.

The clock showed seven past eight. I stood up to walk to the window of my cabin. The city lights were illuminating the whole street. The running beam of the unceasing traffic.

"Glad you are still here.....", A female voice came shrill into my ears. I shut my eyes to welcome the darkness.

I turned back to her forcing a tiny curve on my lips.

"What got you here Ms. Catherine?", I asked looking away to walk back to my table.
"I came to see you in the evening but that unethical secretary ruined my mood. Haven't seen a horrible person before, the way she—",

"What got you here?", I had to cut her off mid sentence.
"I wanted to take you for the dinner.....I know you denied lately but I'm still trying my chance", she uttered. Her presence had started to irritate me.

My phone buzzed up. It was always the mom saving me.
"Excuse me......", I excused myself and moved to the elevator to leave the place.

Not a moment passed and Catherine was already inside the elevator with me.
"I'm on my way, will be there soo—",
"Why are you even ignoring me Taehyung?", Catherine interrupted.
"It's Catherine.....yeah Kyle's sister......oh.....fine, we'll be there soon.....", I hung up.

Mom was inviting her for the dinner. At least I didn't have to go with her to have it alone.

"Mom is inviting you for the dinner.....", I spoke to Catherine.
"Aww that's so sweet of her, let me tell the driver to take the car, I'll accompany you", she announced picking out her cellphone.

I mentally groaned.

We walked ahead in silence to reach my car while Catherine kept talking about something I was least interested in. I kept on humming without even paying attention to her.

She sat beside me in the car while I drove off.

"I had to tell you something if we would have gone for the dinner alone but let me save it for some other day.....", She spoke to herself, well....to me.

I felt her gaze on me while I was busy driving. Never in my life a woman had made me as uncomfortable as I was feeling at this moment.

"You're so handsome Taehyung......", She complimented.
I forced a brief smile.
"Thank you.....", I said in a formal tone.

"I can bet that you are used to such compliments but can we blame them?", She chuckled at her own absurd joke.
"You know......I always dreamt of a man like you.....", She started. I wasn't ready for this upcoming conversation.

I drove faster.
"—but unfortunately never found one before......", She let out a quirky chuckle.
"When can we initiate our project?", I asked to make her realise that I wasn't interested in her strange conversation.

I heard a loud sigh of disappointment.
"Come on Taehyung, not the conversation about work right now", she spoke trying hard to sound seductive. She brought her palm ahead to slide it over my uppar arm then snaked it down to my shoulder.

I pressed the brake in agile. She let out a brief shrill cry.
"What's wrong?", She raised her voice a little.
"We are here.....", I spoke looking over my dwelling.