I walked over and squatted in front of him. I took a fistful of his shirt and brought his disgusting face closer to mine to intimidate him. I can see the fury on his face turn into sudden terror.

   "And I will find a horse to drag your sorry-of-an-excuse self around the poor section for running your mouth," I spoke under my breath in a menacing tone. The other male gulped and sweat began to form on his brow.

"You listen to me, dirty rat. You will keep your grimy hands away from this woman, her daughter, and everyone else in the poor section. If I see you here again, there will be worse consequences. Do you understand?" I concluded my threat.

The assistant vigorously nodded. I shoved him away and stood back up. The male stumbled to his feet and scampered away. A few people that were watching applauded me before returning to their business.

I understand if they did not want to get involved with the mayor's assistant. No good will probably come out of this later. I am sure he will be wiser and bring assistance next time he visits.

"Thank you, kind sir," the woman genuinely said, "How can I ever repay you for your kindness?"

"There is no need for that," I replied.

"Please, how about you come over for dinner tonight?" The woman offered.

"You really do not have to go to that much trouble for me," I told her.

"It is no trouble at all if I am assisting," she kindly explained, "I feel indebted to you."

I scratch the back of my neck, looking away for a moment. I have nothing else going on later and it is a free meal. I suppose it would not hurt.

"Alright," I gave in, "Where am I to find you?"

"Meet me here an hour before the sunsets. Then, we can head to my hut," the woman explained.

"I understand. I will see you later," I said, waving goodbye. The woman bid me a farewell before returning herself to her stand.

I let out a long sigh.

"What have I gotten myself into?" I thought, walking through the crowds of people.

{+}{+}{+}

"I am delighted you accepted my invitation, dear," the woman chirped, a cheery smile on her face.

   This woman is sweet but kind of annoying.

After she closed her stand for the night, we began to head to her residence. She grabbed a few fruits and vegetables from her display, having placed them in a basket she is carrying. She told me she plans on making her special soup or salad. I do not recall nor do I care to remember.

I hummed in acknowledgment.

"You are a man of few words, are you not?" She knowingly said. I glanced down at her for a moment before looking ahead again. I shrug my shoulders.

   "I am not a very social person," I explained.

"So it seems," she replied, "Maybe, you will lighten up to my daughter. You look around the same age as she is."

"This better not be some sort of scheme to set me up with her daughter," I begrudgingly thought. I hope it is just a quick meal and do not have to bother-

I stop short when the woman approached a familiar hut covered with voodoo totems and spell tags.

"Why are we at Lady Olympia's hut?" I asked. The woman came to a halt in front of the door. She giggled before a puff of light blue smoke covered her. I immediately took a fighting stance, unsure of who my magical foe truly is. Is this the spy? Are they after Olympia, for some reason (of, course, who is not after her)?