forty two

February 9, 2020  Los Angeles

After Florence's interview with Jimmy, I stayed in New York while Flo went back to LA.  I was mostly hanging out with my mom, sister and Mia. I also went for a small road trip with my best friend, so I spent the time away from Flo pretty good.

Now, I'm back in Los Angeles for the Oscars. I'm going with my mom and Colin while Flo's going with her parents. We can't see each other before the ceremony and we can't go as a date together unfortunately. Even if people saw us together a few times before, we can't just go to a public event. It's too soon and I'm definitely not ready for it either. It would cause so much drama.

I'd be in LA anyway for filming a movie where I'll be playing the main character. The film is called Purple Hearts and is about beginning singer, Cassie, agreeing to marriage with Luke, a Marine trainee, because of getting crazy medical bills after being diagnosed with diabetes. But when tragedy strikes, the line between real and pretend begins to blur.

I'm going to stay here for at least a couple of months and I couldn't be happier about it because Flo is staying in LA with me too. I'm staying in my mom's apartment in the city, it's very close to my girlfriend's house.

But tonight is special in itself as it's an important day for my mom and girlfriend, but it's more special for me because I'm going to meet Flo's parents for the first time. Truly, I'm so scared about that fact that I couldn't sleep last night. The fact that I won't have a chance to see Flo before without her parents makes it harder for me.

My worries are broken with a soft knock on my door. I blink a few times to shake the thoughts and turn my head in the direction of knocking.

"Come in!" I yell out and not a second later, the door opens and I see a blonde head peeking through the open space. I smile nervously at my mom and she takes it as a permission to come into my hotel room.

"You ready, sweetheart?" She asks softly, looking me up and down. "Wow, you look amazing" She compliments me and I smile shyly, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I'm dressed in a dress from Naeem Khan last year's collection. The top is in the shape of a butterfly, covered in colorful sequins. The bottom is pewter, slightly sheered and it reaches to the ground. Under the sheered material are black, attached shorts. And on my feet I have gold-ish shoes on small, but thick heels.

 And on my feet I have gold-ish shoes on small, but thick heels

As for my face, I did the make-up by myself. Gold glittery eyeshadow on my eyelids and black eyeliner on my lower water lines. Black mascara, foundation, just basic things with a red-ish lip gloss on my lips. Not too fancy, but still enough for being seen by million cameras. My hair loosened, waved a little at the ends.

"Thank you. You look amazing too, mom. I bet all the photographers will fight for photos of you" I tease her playfully and she lets out a small giggle.

But what I said is true. She looks amazing in her dress. She always does, though.