ᵗʰᵉ ʸᵉᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵉⁿᵈˢ ⁻ ᵐ.ʷ

Start from the beginning

I pointed at it and croaked, "It hurts."

Mike gave a reassuring smile, "It's okay. Let's keep playing, it's my turn."

I shook my head, "No more. I'll get hurt again."

Mike pressed his lips together, clearly falling deep into thought. He sat against the coffee table and urged me to move closer to him. Eventually, I couldn't resist Michael and moved besides him.

"Put your foot here," He instructed, patting the other side of him.

My cheeks flushed as I hesitantly threw my legs over his lap. Mike then wrapped his arm around me and hugged me close to him for a split second.

"It's okay," he soothed before pressing a kiss to the red spot on my ankle.

My cheeks felt hotter than before and Mike grinned at me, "Better?"

I wiped my tears away and nodded with enthusiasm, "Much better."

After that we stayed in the position for a while. My legs over his lap, head cradled to his chest as we cuddled close together, him whispering sweet naive words into my ear. Ever since then we huddled together like this whenever either of us was upset or sad.

To be honest, I'd just pretend to get hurt while playing our game, just so he could hold me like I was the most special person in the planet to him.

But today was the start of something new. I promised myself this. Steve was going over to talk to Nancy and I would get to see Mike. We don't see each other quite often. Most of the time it's at school but it's very rare then too. We have different lunches since I'm a freshman and he's a junior.

Hopefully I could renew our old partnership and find that he does have some interest left for me.

"Mike?" I softly called, knocking on his bedroom door.

The door finally swung open, a groggy Mike appearing. His eyes slightly widened at the sight of me.

I guess I dressed more teenager-y now and kinda had my glow up so I look more around his age range these days.

"Y/n? Why are you here?"

"Steve," I replied, knowing that was enough explanation.

Mike nodded with a small smile and opened his door fully, letting me come inside.

Fuck, he's so hot. He completely towers over me. And his hair is so lusciously long. The Hellfire Club shirt clings to his skin effortlessly. His features are so angular and structured. He's just pure perfection in my eyes.

I plop down on his bed with excitement, "Wanna hang out?"

Mike stares down at his watch, mumbling, "Sure but in fifteen minutes I need to call El."

"Why?" I questioned with a shrug.

"Uh, because she's my girlfriend?" He said with an obvious tone, his mood kind of irritated.

I was used to this though. His mood was always off and on and most of the time he was annoyed by everything. It was often where my dumbass self would do some stupid shit and since he was older and apparently 'smarter' he'd get pissed at me. But then I'd cry and he'd hug me so it's all worth it in the end.