CHAPTER 98. In The Sheets And Out

Start from the beginning

He smiled and stroked a hand over my head.  "Goodbye Koshka," I smiled back before getting out of the vehicle, practically skipping into the school.

"Shade!" I jumped on his back and he hissed, eyes wide.

"Oh god, my ass," he stood stiffly as I dangled on his back. "I think I need the emergency room,"

I giggled. "Where's Faith?" I asked as I gently climbed off of him, placing my arms behind my back.

"Already in class, you'll have to wait until lunch - oh god, I had sex with your brother four times yesterday - PE will kill what's left of me," Shade groaned.

I raised a hand. "First of all, tmi, and second, gods, yes, rip my pussy, I feel you on a spiritual level," I sighed and ignored the odd look I received from a teacher. I was used to it.

"Hey! Raven, where did you disappear too?" One of Faith's friends called as they walked past. I sent them a cheeky smile and a peace sign.

"Prison! Got caught assaulting some poor helpless old ladies trying to cross the street. They were actually Russian spies though, I got out of prison and received a Nobel Peace prize!"

"Wicked," a passing student whispered as Shade snorted loudly.

"Come on, we have first period math, and since NIcholas quite there's no hot ass to look at to pass the time," Shade sighed and grabbed my hand, placing a lollipop in his mouth with the other.

He was right, the teacher was a snippy old man- but thankfully time passed by quickly, and soon I was outside under a tree, head in Faith's lap.

A gentle breeze brought the smell of blooming blossoms as Faith ate her lunch happily.

My thoughts drifted to last night, recalling the details and words spoken. Aaron had been a virgin, which I guess in werewolf culture isn't overly surprising, since you have a single mate for life.

We had discussed the condom issue, since he didn't have one. I said we should leave it up to fate, and he had laughed outright, reminding me when we first meant that I said I didn't believe in fate.

To which I said that maybe after getting to know him I did, but he only laughed again.

So... you never know, I could be pregnant. I'd never thought about having kids, except the one discussion I had with Aaron, it seemed painful, and well.... A screaming child didn't sound fun.

On the other hand, I could imagine everyone being incredibly happy with it too, I think they'd all be great dads, even if they don't realize it yet.

"What are you thinking about down there?" Faith asked warmly, placing a strawberry to my lips.

I chewed on the sweet berry, not bothered by all the demon ghosts around us, which Faith was oblivious to. "Babies," I said honestly.

Faith brushed hair from my face. "You'd be a great mom - hold up, did you get the prego sauce from Aaron?" Excitement flashed in her eyes, but faded as I laughed and shook my head.

"No," I said, despite knowing I wouldn't know for awhile. "Maybe one day, I'm still in school, but I'm financially secure for life- sugar daddy vampires," I burst into giggles at my own words as Faith grinned and shook her head at me.

"Silly Raven," she sighed and bent her head, taking a bite of her sandwich. I heard a rustle and looked over, sitting up as I heard an odd gargling sound.

My lips parted as I saw a flash of silver and watched a demon take its last breath a few feet away. Clair wiped her sword on the grass and paused, seeing Faith and I. "Why am I not surprised to find you near a demon gathering?" The sarcasm in her words made me roll my eyes.

"I go to school here," I said easily and stood, brushing off my pants. "You seem to be everywhere,"

Her gray eyes narrowed. "Every where demons are," Clair said and slid her sword back into the sheath. Faith rose to her feet and stood beside me, eyes wide as she looked at the dead demon.

I touched the thin band of the necklace, lifting up the ring and meeting Clair's eyes. "You knew, didn't you?" I accused, and the necromancer shrugged lazily.

"So what if I did? Isn't your fault for being naive?" Clair questioned, face cold.

I dropped the ring back into my shirt as Faith watched curiously, eyes filled with a hint of worry as she reached over to grab my shoulder. "Raven lunch break will be done soon,"

I glanced back and nodded a little, her smile and touch soothing. "You're right, see you Clair," I waved and turned.

"Hopefully not," Clair sighed and I turned, having enough.

"What is your problem with me?!" I demanded, turning to face the beautiful tall woman, hands clenched into fists.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Clair drawled, making me seethe.

"You helped me with the ghosts, and I was thankful for that, and now you keep showing up, being cool and nice one moment, and cruel the next, so what is your problem?" As I asked those words, Faith winced and seemed unsure of whether to comfort me, break the tension, or see it play out.

"You're not as special as you think," Clair said easily, looking away dismissively. My face hardened as I turned my back on her.

"Fine, but then leave me alone, do your thing, but don't bother talking to me," I called and glanced at Faith, who smiled reassuringly.

I was just going to go about my business today, and then go home and ask Dune to help me with my homework -

A cold feminine hand suddenly grabbed my wrist from behind me. I turned my head, shocked.

Clair gripped my wrist firmly, gray eyes swirling like a storm cloud.