9

"How's it going with that ship of yours?" Kaeya stretched his arms above his head, tempted to lean back in the chair and fall out of it. 

"Awful," Scaramouche frowned, slamming his head down on the table. 

"Maybe it would go better if you were actually spending your time out there instead of in here after hours with me," Kaeya pointed to the window, gesturing to the great 'out there.' 

"Kaeya, I don't know if you know this about me," Scaramouche gestured to himself. "But I'm actually friendless." 

"You?" Kaeya gasped. "Really?" 

"Yes, I know, it's so shocking but it's the truth." 

"Are you lying to your roommates by saying you're hanging out with friends when really all you do is come here and complain?" Kaeya raised an eyebrow. "You know I actually have work to do." 

"You're an online teacher, do it at home," Scaramouche shrugged. 

"You're horrid." Kaeya wiped away an imaginary tear. "This is all I mean to you?" 

"Yes, actually, this is all our relationship amounts to. I complain a lot and you pretend to do work while looking at slides." Scaramouche rolled his eyes. 

"Wasn't there that one lady..." Kaeya waved his hand, trying to remember the name. 

"Signora?" 

"Yeah, her. What happened to her?" 

"The same thing that happens to everyone I try to form a bond with."

"She left you for someone better?" Kaeya shook his head, sympathizing. He placed his hand over his heart. He thought briefly about placing his hand on Scaramouche's shoulder for comfort but that was impossible anyway. Scaramouche was all the way over there and Kaeya was lazy. 

"You know sometimes," Scaramouche sighed, "people just stop being friends for completely normal reasons. Like naturally separating or forgetting to keep in touch. Very out of mind situation." 

"I think you mean out of sight out of mind." 

"I know what I said!" 

"Mhmm..." Kaeya didn't quite believe that. 

"Anyway-" 

"If you're going to ask me any questions about how to get two people together, you should stop right there." 

"But-" 

"No, I've told you all of my ideas. Now leave me alone I do actually have work to do." Kaeya shooed him away.