5

"Oh, look who is still in his lab coat," Kaeya snickered, staring at Albedo walk into the apartment. His hair was all messed up and his eyes held heavy bags. 

"Oh my, did you pull another double all-nighter?" Kaeya stepped forward and cupped Albedo's face, rubbing under his eye with his thumb. 

"Trying to calculate...how to..." Albedo closed his eyes, falling asleep while standing. 

"Albedo?" Kaeya poked his nose with his other hand. "Did you fall asleep just a few spaces from the door? In your lab coat?" Albedo didn't answer and light snores escaped his mouth. 

"Okay, let's get you into comfy clothes then." Kaeya picked Albedo up and carried him into the bedroom. 

"Kaeya?" Albedo mumbled. 

"Yes?" 

"What are we?"

Kaeya placed Albedo on the bed and sat down next to him. "Why don't we talk about this when you aren't sleep talking?" 

"Kaeya..." Albedo grabbed his hand to keep him from leaving. 

"Are you going to latch onto me like you did a few days ago?" Kaeya chuckled. "What a cutie. Why don't I save you the trouble then?" Kaeya laid down on the bed and Albedo did his traditional latching routine. He clung to Kaeya like the inner koala dictated. 

"Do you like bunny suits?" 

"Why? Thinking of wearing one for me?" 

Albedo didn't answer. 

"I'm more fond of cats than bunnies, purrsonally."  

Albedo snorted. 

"Did your sleeping talking phase end already?" 

"Kaeya..." 

"Hm?" 

"I lo-" 

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, don't say that," Kaeya pressed his finger against Albedo's lips. "No. Please don't. Not the time or place for that type of confession. I'm so sorry Albedo, darling, but don't ever say that." Kaeya wouldn't know what to do if another person confessed to him. It was awkward enough to have sex with the same person repeatedly (Kaeya was very much a one night stand kind of guy so Albedo was an exception). See someone too many times and they start to ask questions. Questions Kaeya was incredibly uncomfortable with because they always ended with someone crying.

"You're the first person that hasn't brought up anything like that," Kaeya panicked. "Are you going to now?" Albedo didn't say anything else. "Oh good, has your sleep talking ended?" Kaeya breathed out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, darling, truly, but it's impossible for me to return those feelings."