4

What exactly is it that you do for a living? Every time someone asked him that question he gave a different answer. Waiter. Spy. Assassin. Stripper. Fashion model. Because the truth of the matter was that his actual job was quite boring. No one was interested in it. 

"Could you give me that slide please?" Kaeya pointed and Scaramouche did so. Putting the slide under the microscope, Kaeya stared at the little ugly circles and adjusted. 

"Why do you never teach any classes in person? I'm sure you would seduce so many students if you did," Scaramouche asked. 

"You know exactly why I don't," Kaeya didn't look up from the microscope. "People would be so disillusioned with my beautiful face if they knew I was a scientist teaching online college classes for biology." 

"Suppose you did teach classes in person and a student confessed to you...what would you do?" 

"I would be honored and politely decline." 

"That's what I thought you would say," Scaramouche crossed his arms and sighed. 

"Why? Do you have something you want to tell me?" Kaeya snickered, glancing at Scaramouche. 

"No, you see, there is a classmate of mine that is obviously into his teacher. I want to get them together but the professor is incredibly straight-laced about rules. I can't tell if he is interested in the guy at all."

"Are you using this to distract yourself from your own romance?" Kaeya sat up straight, looking at Scaramouche finally. 

"My romance is one-sided and doesn't exist," Scaramouche crossed his arms. "My romance is watching other romances come to fruition. But my roommates are moving ever so slowly so I have to watch something else for the moment." 

"That's a sad life. Why not just have a few one-night stands?"

"Unlike you," Scaramouche pointed, "I'm more interested in the heart than the body."

"Unlike you," Kaeya pointed, "I'm more interested in the body than the heart." 

"Good for nothing sex fiend." 

"Absolutely horrendous romantic." 

The two individuals shot death glares at each other before they both laughed at the same time. 

"Seriously though, how do I know if that professor does like the student?" Scaramouche sighed. 

"You're the romantic, hon," Kaeya shrugged and went back to his microscope. "You know what really is sexy though? Hearing someone rant about how love is a bunch of chemicals before finally saying that they care about you." 

"Only you would think that's sexy." 

"Oh? Not romantic enough for you?" 

"I'm not sure anyone in their right mind would find that romantic." 

"Made me want to pounce on him right then and there." 

"You never cease to amaze me," Scaramouche shook his head.