3

"Kaeya!" Klee jumped up into Kaeya's arms as he spun around in a circle. 

"How's my lovely little lady? Do you want to go explode some things?" 

"Yes!"

"No," Albedo frowned. "There will be no explosions-" 

"Aw, come on," Kaeya still held Klee, the two pressing their cheeks together. "Just one?" 

"N-" 

"You don't trust me, Mr. Scientist?" Kaeya stared.

"Why would I trust you? You're very untrustworthy," Albedo gestured to Kaeya's face. "Everything about that expression screams 'don't trust me!'"

"I'll make it worth your while," Kaeya promised. 

"How?" 

"You'll have to trust me." 

"Very untrustable." 

"Klee, let's go boom boom!" Kaeya turned on his heel and carried Klee outside. 

"No! Kaeya! I said no! Consent is very important!" Albedo ran after him. 

...

"So, this is what you meant." Albedo looked at the liter of diet coke and the roll of mentos. 

"See? You should've trusted me." 

"Are you and Big Bro married?" Klee blurt out. 

"No, we're not married," Kaeya chuckled. 

"Why not? Klee wants two Big Bros," Klee frowned, crossing her arms. "Do better," she huffed, turning her head away from Albedo. 

"Klee," Albedo squatted down to her height. "When two people love each other very much they get married but two people that love each other very much don't always need to get married." 

"Big Bro doesn't love Kaeya very much?" 

Albedo was too stunned to speak. 

"Albedo doesn't love me very much?" Kaeya mimicked, squatting down next to Klee to watch Albedo's expression carefully. 

"Technically love is just reduced to a combination of chemicals in the brain and a level of a physical connection-" Albedo tried to explain things as scientifically as he could. He rambled on for a while but ultimately said: "So, if you take all of that and combine it then perhaps I do care about Kaeya very much, yes." Klee's little head was still churning with all of that information she didn't understand. 

"That was a very long and roundabout way of saying how you feel," Kaeya's smile hadn't changed. He was still as hard to read as ever. 

"I didn't say how I felt," Albedo cleared his throat. "I was simply explaining how I might possibly feel due to circumstances." 

"Yes, circumstances that would imply you're attracted to me," Kaeya lifted his finger and pointed at Albedo, then booped his nose. 

"I should think that at least that would be obvious," Albedo stared, smirking just a tad while remembering a few rendevous the two shared. 

"Boom!" Klee giggled, shoving all the mentos at once into the diet coke. Albedo blinked as both he and Kaeya got sprayed with the fizz. 

"Pffff!" Albedo laughed, hugging his stomach. He lay on the ground as the coke continued to spray and laughed still. "Your face! Very amusing!" 

"Can we do it again?" Klee asked, hopping up and down. "Please?" 

"Absolutely not!" Albedo objected, sitting upright immediately.