Chapter 5: Every goodbye has a new hello

Start from the beginning

" Are we there yet?" I complained after 5 minutes of driving.

" Almost." Sean chuckled. Another 5 minutes of driving we pulled up at a hospital.

" Why are we at a hospital?" I asked very confused.

" So my mom creeped my Facebook and asked my friends from my

old school for my number and someone gave it to here, and she texted me saying she's dying of prostate cancer and if me and Keegan come see her before she died, me and Keegan can split her life savings, which has $500,000 in it. " He explained.

" She won the lottery a few years ago and apparently saved it for us because she got diagnosed that day." He added.

" I would have done it even without the money, if the women who gave birth to me was dying even though she wasn't there my whole life." He confessed.

" I'm proud of you Sean." I said.

" Thank you Casey. Keegan should be getting off work soon and he's meeting us here." Sean said nervously. Just as he said that a public bus stopped and Keegan jumped out of it and started walking towards us. Keegan looked nervously at Sean who gave him a reassuring smile. We walked into the hospital and went up to the front desk thing.

" We're here to visit Alanna Adams." Sean said quietly.

" She's in room 414." The nurse said with a sad smile.

" Thank you." He mumbled and we entered the elevator. A minute later we stopped and continued down a long corridor. Finally we reached a door with the number 414 on it.

" You guys can do it." I encouraged seeing their nervous faces. The both took deep breaths and we went inside. A middle-age women was laying in the bed with a whole bunch of wires hooked up to her. She looked excused.

Her eyes tired, shoulders sagging, thin as a twig, and really pale. But yet she was really pretty. Blonde hair like Sean but Keegan's green eyes. The door closed behind us and the women looked up at us.

" Sean? Keegan?" She asked hoarsely in awe.

" Hi mom." Keegan said quietly.

" I missed you guys so much and who's this fine young lady?" She exclaimed.

" My girlfriend Casey." Sean answered and I gave a small wave.

" My babies, you've grown up so fast." She whispered.

" Wouldn't you know." Sean said sharply suddenly getting mad. This won't go well....

Sean's POV.

" Wouldn't you know." I said sharply, suddenly getting mad. I know she's dying but she never even tried to contact us at all in almost 10 years. She sighed, a sad look on her face.

" Boys come here." She said gesturing to the empty be beside her. Me and Keegan slumped down.

" So I left because believe it or not, your dad was abusive. I thought it was just me so I left so you guys wouldn't have to be around that. Then I tried to contact you guys, but your dad never let me and changed his phone number and moved across the state and I'm so lucky I found a way to contact you boys, I love you so much and it broke my heart to leave but I wanted to tell you this before I died." My mom broke down sobbing. I was shocked so he was always abusive, go figure.

" Does your dad know you boys are visiting me now?" She asked when she was calm. I looked at Keegan, then Casey and squirmed uncomfortably in my seat.

" Um we don't live with him anymore..." I trailed off.

" What?? Why?? Where do you guys live now???" She asked worriedly.