A Strengthening Bond

Start from the beginning

He chuckles, "Did you?" He leads me to his bedrooms and switches the lights on. I was definitely right about this room being his.

He show cases it with his arms extended, "Welcome to my domain!"

I walk around and re-examine it. "Your room feels a lot more at home than my room..."

He chuckles again, "Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment..."

"You should." I say with a smile.

"If you want you can shower first and I'll set up your bed..." he tells me, "Bathroom is down the hallway and you can find a towel in the closet."

"Okay thanks!"

"Oh, I should get you fresh clothes too..." He begins to open a few of his drawers.

"America, there is no way I'd be able to fit any of your clothes... you're so-"

"Short?" he spits.

"Yeah really fucking petite!" I say mockingly.

He flips me off, "Just get in the shower will you? I'll figure it out..."

I laugh before exiting the room. I can still smell that rotting scent. I get a towel from the closet and I enter the bathroom shutting the door behind me. I wish to say that the bathroom felt normal but it was coated with a blue dim lit light. I still thought it was better than my bathroom. And surprisingly, this room didn't have that much dust!

While I was showering I heard a loud thud. "America?" I shout. After getting no response I shut the running water off for a second, "Are you okay?"

I hear a muffled "Yeah sorry I'm okay! I tripped up the stairs!"

I roll my eyes and turn the shower water back on. Fucking weirdo...

Soon before I know it, I'm out drying myself. I wrap the towel around my waist and stare at myself in the mirror. I run my fingers through my wet hair.

I hardly ever examined myself in the mirror, most of the mirrors in my house are shattered. My father used to joke that it was because my younger brothers looked in it. He always did say that I had better looks than them. I don't see it.

I exit the bathroom and head to America's room; strange... the rotting smell was now gone...

I enter his room and see him setting up another bed. Oh, I didn't even know that his bed had a pull out bed- that's convenient. His back is to me while he fits the sheets onto it.

"Hey, did you find clothes?" I ask.

"Uh yeah!" he turns around and stares at me with slightly widening eyes. "Oh wow! You're hot as shit!"

I blink a few times trying to process the compliment. "Thanks?" I avert my eyes with a heating face. "Where are the clothes?" I manage to stammer out.

"Ah right! He looks away from me and walks towards his dresser that had neat folded clothes laid on top. He scoops it up and hands them to me. "You're in luck that I like a few baggy clothes in my wardrobe, see how they fit!"

I take the neat pile from him with a nod.

He stretches and begins to make his way to the door. "Alright, I'm going to hop in the shower real quick. How about you find us something to watch on the tv, hm?"

"Sure, I can do that..."

"Cool." He steps out of the his room and holds the side of his door looking back at me. "Hey, don't stress if the clothes don't fit... I don't mind you being shirtless!" he delivers with a wink before shutting the door.