12: ENDORPHINS CURE

Start from the beginning

"I'm not going to clean up your mess when things go downhill." He warned in his most serious voice but she only rolled her eyes at that. He's said that more times than she could count so this one shouldn't make any difference.

"You are going to clean it up whether you like it or not. And trust me, I know it's going to happen. It's just that they won't see it anytime soon but at least their lives will be fruitful." She gave herself a gentle pat on the back then settle her eyes back on the doctor.

"I want you to tell Layla her only option is getting married if she asks. Don't tell her about medications and surgery."

The man frowned, that's not how he works and no client of his has ever commanded him to do so. "Why should I tell her that?"

Fatima breathed out through her mouth with so much exaggeration. "There is this guy she loves but he isn't ready to settle down though he loves her. If we tell him this, he will definitely change his view about marriage and then happily ever after." She lied straight through her teeth but it's not a lie right? She's trying to unite two people in a liaison.

The doctor's mouth formed an o and he smiled. "Oh, I hope it works out for them."

"How are you feeling?" Fatima asked upon entering the room Layla is currently in lying on a bed. She is half conscious and half in pain.

Layla scrunched her face and pivoted to look at them as they trudged into the room. "I'm fine."

"We just spoke to the doctor. He's explained a few things to us that I'll like to highlight for you." Fatima smiled thankfully at her husband who just brought forth a plastic chair for her to sit on beside Layla's bed.

"Go ahead." Layla grunted again, moaned and touched her lower abdomen to make sure the heating pad is there and working.

Fatima smiled evilly before flattening her hands on the bed, smoothing the white bed cloth covering it. "He said there are a few things that can cure you from this. It's ovarian endometriomas and he suspects that you know about it but never acted on it which is very irresponsible..." Layla only rolled her eyes at the chiding tone she used, "...and now it's moseying to it's last stage that you either get a surgery done or get married."

Layla stopped moaning and turn to look at Fatima like she's lost her head. "Marriage? Is this a sick joke you're trying to crack? It's not funny at all." And she went back to massaging her lower abdomen to ease the pain she is sure she can compete with a woman in labour.

"I'm serious. Endorphins known as happy hormones create a feeling of overall wellbeing, and are also considered natural pain relievers that reduce cramping. Those were his exacts words and a few more I couldn't hold in my head."

"Endorphins? You think this is just a normal menstrual pain?" Layla hissed, curl her legs up to her chest again and almost fell off the bed since it's not that large.

"Trust me, I know how it feels being in your place. I've been there once upon a time." Fatima's eyes became sympathetic as she recalled how she's suffered with her own endometriosis for so many years. The pain is unbearable, but not close to labor.

"You don't know how it feels. And where have you been? In my situation? I doubt that." She licked her lower lips then bit it hard to stop an ugly moan from rushing out.

"I've been there, trust me. I also fought with something similar, endometriosis for many years. My cure was intercourse whether you believe it or not and that's why I'm telling you what the doctor had said so we can get a solution together but seems like you are not interested. I'm merely concerned." Fatima blanked her face, held Ahmad's hand tighter when he tried to leave the room. He felt like they should discuss that matter in private without his intruding presence.