Chapter 13

Happy Mother's Day! This should've been posted earlier but I have toooooo many stories I'm writing bc I find it hard to not impulsively write things into stories👍🏾

—————————————————————

Everyone fled the house, teenagers running every which way to their cars. Screaming and laughter was everywhere, Albert and Race joining in on it.

They got into Busted Beauty rather quickly, avoiding most teenagers crashing and stumbling and running. They were still high off of adrenaline, and Race whooped.

"You kicked ass!" He laughed, hitting the steering wheel. "Dio, potrei baciarti!"

It's not like Albert would mind. Starting tonight, he'd come to terms with the fact that he found Race attractive- which is probably all it was- and he bet his lips felt nice, too. He sort of wanted it to happen.

But Albert laughed it off anyway, shaking his head. "That was...interesting."

"That was exhilarating!" Race placed his key in the ignition, turning the car on with a small amount of luck. He looked at the time, chuckling. "And now I owe you a slurpee."

Albert looked at the time on his phone, humming. He had completed their little challenge, which surprised. I guess fighting can make you lose track of time. "Yeah."

"And maybe some peas", Race added, glancing at Albert's face as he drove. "One of 'em left a pretty nice shiner."

He still looked absolutely mesmerizing. His hair was every which way, the chemicals from the hair spray mixed the sweat he gained from fighting. His left eye was turning purple as each minute passed, but he seemed to be handling the pain well. His lip was busted, but still very kissable, and Race would have to an idiot to not want to lay one on him.

"Keeps your eyes on the road", Albert shouted, causing race to turn quickly. "Jesus, you almost hit a sign!"

"Scusi", Race muttered, chuckling quietly. "I guess I'm still excited."

"Yeah", Albert agreed, shaking his head. He knew Race was staring at him, and he could figure out why.

——————

"Red, blue, or Coca Cola?"

Albert stared at his options- or lack there of. It wasn't exactly a difficult decision to pick between three flavors. "Blue."

Race clicked his tongue. "Not my kind of guy, DaSilva."

"What?" Albert handed Race a small cup. "You like cherry?"

"Yup", Race answers, placing the small back and grabbing a large. "It's superior."

"Um, I don't have to-"

"I don't mind buying things for you, Allie", Race smiles, filling the cup with blue deliciousness. "And don't try to convince me otherwise. I play the game, too."

Albert crossed his arms, clearing his throat. "So. Allie."

Race stopped the dispenser, his cheeks turning red and contrasting against his eye makeup. "Does that bother you?"

"No."

"Cool."

The two stood in silence as Albert finished preparing his drink, and waited for Race to begin his. "Jack's the kind of guy to choose Coca Cola."