Chapter 2

Too bad he couldn't find him.

The guy, apparently, didn't eat lunch with everyone else in the cafeteria like a normal human person. Race curled his lips into a thin line as he dug into his pizza.

"He's just so beautiful", Jack muttered, staring at the new kid. Race swore he saw heart eyes. "How can someone be so perfect?"

"I don't know", Race chuckles, looking at Davey Jacobs, the newest addition to The World High School, and has already joined more clubs than thought possible. "Why would someone come to a new school in the middle of high school?"

Jack shrugged as he sighed, pushing his food away. "I don't care why, I'm just glad he did."

Race laughed as he looked up. "Hey, Crutchie."

"Hey, Race, how are you?" Race nodded at his second closest friend. "You turn in your application?"

"Not yet", Race sighs disappointedly. "I forgot."

Crutchie hummed, his brows furrowed in worry. "You're not flaking, right?"

Crutchie was one of Race's biggest supporters for college. He actually helped Race find good colleges in the area that he could apply to. They stayed up for endless hours through the night on the phone this summer, arguing as lugging until they both fell asleep. Jack and Medda weren't exactly happy when they found out. "No, Crutch. I just forgot."

"Okay", Crutchie smiled, sitting down. He placed his crutch to lean on the table beside him, a bright smile still on his face. He turned to Jack, who was grinning lovesickly. "What are you staring at?"

"His future husband", Race muttered, snickering when Jack punched his shoulder. Crutchie smiled at them.

"I'm looking- not staring- at the new kid." Crutchie groaned and looked at Jack with a look that says, 'Seriously? This again?' "What?"

"Why can't you just ask him out?"

"You know I have a fear of rejection!"

"He doesn't look like the kind of guy that would reject you! He'd probably still want to be friends."

"I can't handle that!" Jack glanced at Davey, his expression now sad. "I can barely form a sentence when looking at him."

Crutchie smiled sadly, placing a hand on Jack's. "Fine."

Race looked up from his pizza, glancing at Jack's scared face. He didn't know what was happening, but he knew something was going to happen, like the beginning of a fight. "Fine?"

"Fine", Crutchie says sassily, grabbing his crutch. Jack's eyes widened as he realized what he was going to do. Race's eyes widened as his smile grew. "You'll have a date within the hour."

"No, Crutch-"

"Go, Crutchie!"

"You're not supposed to cheer for him!"

"I'll do what I want!" Race watched as Davey Jacobs turned around in his seat to look at their table, Crutchie pointing at his friends. The taller blonde pointed at Jack, who's head was down.

Davey blushed and turned around, closing his book and continuing his conversation with Crutchie. Race gasped as he stood up and followed Crutchie to their table, hitting his best friend excitedly. "Jack, Jack, Jack! He's coming over here!"

"What?!" Jack hissed as he pulled his hoodie over his head and pulled the drawstrings. "No, no, no, no, no, no-"

"Hi", a kind but heavy voice said, offering a smile. He sat down in front of Jack. "I'm Davey."