Chapter 11

TW: mentions of teen drinking.

Ik I may say this a lot, but don't drink guys it's bad for you
—————————————————————

"And so, I ended up having to go to the ER", Race finished, eating a part of the sandwich Albert gave him.

Mr. Jenkins, who had finally returned from his much needed vacation, glanced at Albert, who nodded.

"Cool story", the redhead complimented. "Especially the part where you ripped your pants. It seems like something you'd do."

Race gasped, placing a hand on his chest dramatically. "I'll have you know that it was an accident out of my control!"

"Yet, it's not surprising that it happened."

Mr. Jenkins chuckled. "So, Race. How do you know Albert?"

"We met because he's really bad at fighting", Albert answered, staring Race in the eyes. Mr. Jenkins laughed as Race scoffed.

"Okay, that's totally unfair", Race says, crossing his arms. "I could 100% beat up Oscar and Morris Delancey if I wanted to."

"Yet, you haven't."

Race glared at Albert as the bell rang, Mr. Jenkins laughing as he stood up. "You kids are funny."

Race smiled as Albert chuckled, both standing up and walking towards the door. Mr. Jenkins opened it for them, watching as they walked into the hallway.

Race stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking at the walls. "What are you going to be for Halloween?"

Albert chuckled. "That reminds me of a song."

Race looked at him weirdly. He'd hadn't heard any songs like that. Given, he only listens to Green Day and various Italian artists. "What?"

"Oh, boy", Albert sighed, patting Race on the shoulder. "One day, I'll introduce you to the walking meme that is Matthew Gray Gubler."

Race looked at his shoulder, blushing slightly. He wasn't sure how to feel about that. He did kind of like it.

Kind of a lot.

"Well", Albert stops walking, standing in front of his English class, "I guess you walked me all the way to class."

Race chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Glad to be of service."

Albert nodded, putting his fist out. Race smiled and bumped it. "Thanks."

Race nodded and began to walk off. "Wait!"

He turned around, staring at the redhead. "The party? I'll go, I guess. Just to get out of the house."

Race beamed and ran up to hug him, making Albert yell in surprise. Race let go of him and ran off.

——————

"You're going?!" Elmer ran into Albert's room and jumped on him, wrapping him in a hug. "I can't believe it!"

"Please, Elmer", Albert says, trying to get the tingling feeling in his skin to go away. "Space. Please."

"Sorry", the shorter apologized, feeling bad. But his smile never left his face. "But you're going to a party!"

"I've been to parties before, El", Albert scoffed, going back to his laptop. Elmer looked at him with a obvious look.

"Name one."

Albert looked away. Elmer was right. He hadn't been to a high school party since he came to New York two years ago, and he definitely wasn't going to parties in Wyoming. "Fair."