Clearing my throat, I stopped by him and sat my ass on the chair next to his, taking glances at both guys. "Shouldn't we get to what we came here for?" I smiled wholeheartedly.

They chuckled and gazed at each other, "To the point, make sure you keep that one," Cassie said to Roman, pointing his finger at me, and he rolled his eyes. Tsk-ing, he crossed his arms over his chest and tipped his chin up."Finding Julio Romano was tricky, but I got there and I know where he is."

Roman licked his lips and tapped a finger on the armrest, "Madrid," he stated, pulling the corner of his bottom lip between his teeth, and the guy nodded. Clenching his fist together, he brought his other hand up and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fucking prick," he muttered. "What kind of connection did The Kings have?"

The guy blinked and huffed slowly, rubbing at his jaw lightly, then he shrugged one shoulder. "All I know is they worked for your fa-Julio, otherwise the only information I could dig up was his location-"

"The exact location, not just Madrid?" His friend nodded slightly but Ro quickly hopped up and grabbed my arm, making me jolt upright. "I owe you, Cassie." That's all he said, sending him a nod of the head before dragging me out with him.

What a complete waste of my time, all we came here for was information on some guy named Julio Romano. Groaning, I followed closely behind Roman, taking in his every movement as he shifted for the exit.

He grunted in irritation and pulled out a small metal cigarette case from his breast pocket, flipping the lid open anxiously. I moved past him and turned around, walking backward toward the passenger side of the car. Stopping at the door, I leaned my back and one leg against it, staring at him weirdly while he struggled to light the stupid bud.

Oh, god. "How do you two know each other?" I suddenly asked, signaling with my hand for him to come over. He shifted the cigarette to the middle of his lips and handed me the lighter. I lit the end without a problem and watched him take a drag, blowing the smoke to the side. "And who's Julio Romano?"

"He took care of me and my brothers for some time," he said, placing the cigarette back into his mouth as he turned his back on me. Hm? "And..just get in the car, Kezanel."

Shaking my head, I sucked in a breath and set it free very quickly, realization hitting me in the head. "I belong to the mayor?" My mouth twisted to the side, and he shot me a look over his shoulder, arching one eyebrow.

"Right, sorry." Whipping around, he took one step forward, then another, and one more until I was completely pressed up against the car, his body brushing with mine. "You belong to us. You're property of the Santiago's, Kez, would you prefer to hear that instead?"

I swallowed, breathing in the smoke I could smell on his breath, and I peered up with a clenched jaw, watching the bud go into his mouth. Shit. Roman pressed the cigarette between his lips, taking a slow puff, and when it pulled away he tossed it on the ground, squashing it with his foot.

We were close, too fucking close. And it was hard not to stare at him-to stare at his red lips and not want to have a taste. God, I was so stupid for thinking that, but I couldn't stop and it was fucking with my mind.

I was afraid that if I connected mine to his, or even thought about it, Axel would tear both of us from limb to limb. But when I thought about it a little deeper, it wasn't like we were together for Christ's sake. Axel isn't yours and you aren't his.