My love was the one that killed Elijah.

The one that brutally murdered him in his house. With a possibility that she was the one who killed Vlad.

I was mad. Furious even. She put herself in such danger and now it was clear.

She wants to get rid of Luca.

"What the actual fuck, baby?" I muttered under my breath. But on the other hand, as I stared at the two pictures, I couldn't help but smile.

I was proud of her. When the entirety of the underworld thought it was some kind of assassin working their way up the ranks, the former queen of the Rossi empire who was pronounced dead did what no one could. And it made me smile.

Until someone began pounding on my door.

"Liam!" Dante's voice shouted in an angry tone. I frowned as I dropped my phone on the bed and stood up before going towards the door. Once I opened it, he walked into the room, his eyes searching for me until he stopped. He didn't hesitate to grab the collar of my shirt and pushed me back until I was against the wall. I was taken aback as he did so that I barely reacted.

Safe to say, I wasn't expecting Dante, of all people to do this.

"How fucking dare you," he spat out, looking right at me. I couldn't even recognise him in this state. Maybe that's what people had in mind when talking about the ruthless Rossi famiglia boss Dante. Because I would've never thought him to be this angry.

"Dante, what-"

"You've known she was alive and you couldn't tell us?" My eyes widened.

"Who the hell told you that?"

"It's clear now, Liam. My wife wanted the damn pictures and thought the face shape looked like her daughter's. And once I thought about it more, it wasn't hard to put two and two together." He released me and walked over to the balcony doors. "I thought you knew better, boy."

"I would've told you. Gladly. But it was her who didn't want this. She wasn't even going to tell me before she killed Luca."

"You also know about it?" He looked back at me. I held my hands out in defence.

"I just now figured it out. I swear on her life." He tried to breathe to calm down but he wasn't quite capable of getting his anger to calm down once it was out of control. "She hasn't told me one word about anything."

"Why? Why the hell didn't you tell me once you ran to get her? I would've had people out as we looked for her."

"I love her. More than anything in this world. And for some reason, at that moment I couldn't let her go. She was right there. Almost within arms reach and I just went after her. And maybe somewhere inside me, I wondered if I was perhaps dreaming." He turned around to face the window. "I'm sorry, Dante. I really am. But she's going to fucking kill me if she finds out you and Margo know," he looked back at me and before he could speak, I spoke. "And no, I didn't select her and just told her because I thought she should know. The first person I'd have told would've been Giorgia. Then you. But she figured it out."

"My..." he shook his head slowly as tears started to fill his eyes. "She's alive, Liam."

"Yes. But she's not well. Even if she says she is she's not." I looked down. "Fuck, I saw so many bruises on her body," I shook my head at the memory. It made me want to kill every goddamn one who did that to her. But something told me she had already gotten her revenge. "I can't even begin to describe it."

"She killed them."

"Indeed she did. But she's not going to get away with it. Putting herself in such danger? Not okay with me." I crossed my arms over my chest as I leaned my back against the wall.