23 - Surprise

When I opened my eyes, my arm moved around the bed and made me frown when I realized I was all alone

When I opened my eyes, my arm moved around the bed and made me frown when I realized I was all alone. I looked around and saw nothing reminding me of Celeste.

I groaned as I sat up in the bed and rubbed my eyes. I turned my eyes to the window on the right-hand side and stared through it. The sun was shining brightly almost right in my face and no cloud was even visible, making it seem like yesterday was just as pretty.

I looked down at the pillow beside me and saw a note. Black paper. A smile tugged my lips when I realized everything wasn't just the most amazing dream I've ever experienced.

I grabbed the paper and flipped it over before seeing the white ink.

I had to leave but in case you want to call me (maybe I might want to do so too), here's my new number. Don't dare say a word to anyone. Ti amo.

- Celeste

I smiled as I searched for my phone. I got out of bed and grabbed the pants I had on yesterday. They were damp in a few spots but overall, had dried quite well. I took my phone out of my pocket and sat down on the edge of the bed before typing in the number she had provided me.

She knew that I'd annoy her with texts throughout the day and still decided to leave her number.

Not that I'm complaining. I desperately want to annoy her.

Liam: Hey, thanks for leaving me the number. I actually thought you'd flee without another word.

Liam: How are you?

I dropped the phone on the bed before getting up from the bed and heading into the bathroom. I got dressed and walked back into the room as I rubbed the back of my neck.

I wore my grey sweatpants and a matching hoody since I was planning to go out on a quick run. I haven't run outside in a long time and after the biggest weight was lifted off me, I thought I had the strength to go out and run without any suicidal thoughts ruining everything.

The first time I forced myself to go out for a run since the night was around two weeks after. I remember leaving the property of the estate and running alongside the pavement of the road. As cars passed by, I had to fight the urge to just end it. It was one of the easier ways to do so but I didn't want to break the promise.

And now, more than ever, I was glad I hadn't given up.

I grabbed my phone and checked if she had replied since about half an hour had passed since I sent her the message. I smiled as I read her message.

My love: Buongiorno, I'm well. I'm on a plane to Rome now and despite the calm night, I didn't sleep very well. You?

Liam: I'm great. Sad you're not here but at least I know you're okay.