10- call it a 'date'

Start from the beginning

"We shall." as we sat down I noticed I was wearing his signature colour.

'Fuck.'

"I must say, you look ravishing in My colour," he added emphasis to the 'my' part making my face go crimson.

Once his shadows brought out our meal, I finally got to take a good look at his outfit.

He was wearing a simple red dress shirt with black pants and his hair was in a small ponytail to complete the look. "You- you look nice to Al.." I couldn't tell whether he was blushing at the compliment or the nickname but all I was happy about was that he was blushing.

I was surprised by taking a bite out of the venison, and the fact that It wasn't undercooked or poisoned.
After a while of content science between us, Al finally spoke up, "my dear, do you know why I called you here?" the atmosphere around us grew more serious.

"Ummm, no?" my response sounded more like a question.

"well, your rampage destroyed a small amount of my territory."

"If it eases your mind to know, im not going to kill you (y/n)." his tone was soft as he placed a hand over mine. "I just want to know why you destroyed what's mine," just as my body calmed I tensed again.

No words were spoken for the remainder of that dinner until Alastor went to sand up from his chair.

"I was angry, but I didn't mean to destroy your territory," my head hung low and my eyes began to water. "I just didn't want to leave..." my breath was rigid and uneven becoming worse once I realized who I was being weak in front of.

"I would've never left," by the end of my sentence I could feel hot tears streaming down my face in uncontrollable sobs

Alastor's P.O.V

As I was about to leave I heard the demoness respond to my previously asked question. "I just didn't want to leave, I would've never left," once she stopped talking I could hear soft sobs coming from her.

Usually, if I saw someone crying I would've laughed at the pitiful display of emotions, but witnessing her pain hurt me in a way I never knew was possible.

Emotionally.

Something inside me said to console her and that's just what I did.

A few quick strides and I was next to her ever so-fragile body, my smile faltering slightly at the sight of her in distress.

"My dear, would you like to come to sit and  talk about it?" I placed my hand on her back feeling her hiccup and whimpering.

She let out a sigh and nodded pitifully looking at me, at once I scooped her up and walked over to my couch and I gently placed her down.

"So would you like to talk about it?" I said while sitting next to her.

"No.." not one to pry at her for answers I changed the subject. "Well then, would you like to talk about your past?" It felt nice to see her nod, reassuring me to ask more

"Did you have any family?"

"Yeah, I had both parents even though I was adopted. My father was a strict man, but, a loving one nevertheless. My mother was a liar, but she wasn't a bad person. She always wanted the best for me, but that meant I had to try harder in school, every time she covered for me I had to come home with some kind of academic award the following day." she shifted her position and looked upwards trying to remember more.

"I grew up with the money, which meant I was spoiled as a little girl. But later in life, I became more selfish. I killed my best friend because she loved the same man as me, and yet he still never loved me back." she let out a soft, genuine chuckle

After a while of talking and sharing memories, I noticed (y/n) yawning and her eye became half-lidded as she fell asleep.

I sat there in content silence while (y/n) snored quietly. I noticed her body started swaying; before I could do anything, her head fell into my lap.

'I don't like physical contact.'

But, (y/n) looked so peaceful when asleep, this alone made my usually faked smile become genuine.

Running my fingers through her hair I could hear content noises escape the sleeping cyclops' mouth, which made me chuckle a little bit.

I kissed her forehead and whispered "sleep well mon amour" I kissed her head one last time before I fell asleep next to her.

All that writing was 1001 words! Anyway, if you didn't know "mon amour" means my love in French:)-al

-al