Day Twelve

I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings, and it took a while to figure out that I was asleep on the couch with Jessie in my arms. We were in her uncle’s house and had obviously fallen asleep watching a movie. Luckily the couch had a pull-out bed and I was even comfier than I would have been in my own bed. A few minutes later I felt Jessie stir in my arms and waited until her eyes opened and locked on mine. “Hey,” I said softly, and she replied with a smile. “I like this – waking up to you,” she said and it was my turn to smile. It took a lot of time and effort before we managed to get out of bed, slide it back into the couch, and then walk into the kitchen. “So do I get to know what we’re doing yet?” I asked as Jessie made some toast and covered it in Nutella.

She handed me my plate and we sat down at the table before she finally confessed, “I thought it would be good to have a spa day. I’ve booked us in to get a massage, waxing, manicure, and a facial. But tell me if it’s a horrible idea and I’ll cancel.” A wide grin spread across my face and I excitedly told her that it was one of the best ideas ever. We ate quickly and then went upstairs to get changed, and I made sure that we were ready to leave within half an hour. Seeing me rush down the stairs Jessie laughed and said, “You know the taxi won’t be here for another ten minutes. We’ve still got time to kill.”

“I have an idea what we could do,” I said and took a step closer to her. I watched as a mischievous gleam appeared in her eyes and I knew that we were on the same page. Her hands moved to my waist and pulled me closer, and I leant in so our lips were almost touching, but not quite. Jessie glanced down at my lips and I couldn’t take it any longer before closing the distance between us entirely. I felt her fingers run up and down my sides and I moved my lips down to her neck, leaving a trail of kisses from her mouth to her collarbone. A soft noise escaped from her lips as I ran my tongue across her pulse point, and I pressed my body right against hers.

Nothing could have destroyed that moment, except the doorbell ringing to let us know that the taxi had arrived early. I groaned in exasperation and reluctantly pulled away, and Jessie looked like she was just as annoyed at the disruption as I was. “Come on,” she said and held my hand pulling me towards the door. We reached the taxi and Jessie held the door open for me. It was a bit of a long journey, but after forty minutes we eventually arrived at an incredibly glamorous spa. Everything outside was green and floral and pretty, and as we walked through the front doors I noticed a waterfall feature in reception.

“Oh my… this is…” I said with my mouth wide open in awe. Jessie laughed at my reaction, and then took my hand as we booked in with the receptionist. First was the waxing so we would get the most painful one out of the way first. After half an hour of ripping and tearing at my skin, I finally felt smooth. Next was the massage, but there was a short wait until two masseurs were available. I didn’t mind one bit though, as staff seemed to be serving us with an endless supply of drinks. “How did you find this place? Or more to the point, how much does all this cost?” I asked as I sipped on a tall glass of pink lemonade.

We switched glasses to try the different flavours and she replied, “I found it online, and as to how much it costs – that’s for me to know and you to wonder.” I laughed but couldn’t help but admire her ability to always maintain a certain air of mystery about her. Several drinks later, two strong looking men walked over and directed us to a separate room. We entered, and there was a screen dividing the room into two halves so we de-robed in privacy. Once we were ready, the men returned into the room and began to play some relaxing music. As his hands massaged my back I fell into a trance of relaxation and didn’t ever want to leave the table.

Before I knew it, the time was up and I felt calmer than I ever had done before. In a sleepy-state Jessie and I wandered out of the room and walked behind a curtain, into a new room with multiple wonderful smells drifting around the air. In that room we had our facial and manicure, and as I sat their letting my nails dry I turned to Jessie and whispered, “This is amazing. I have never felt so calm in my life.” Her eyes remained shut and she nodded in agreement. As her eyelids drifted open she looked at me and whispered in reply, “Why are we whispering?”

“I don’t know,” I answered, “I just don’t want to disrupt anything – it’s all so quiet here.” Jessie nodded and shut her eyes again, and we sat there in blissful silence until our time was up. Too soon we were back in the taxi and on the way back to her uncle’s house. We stepped through the front door and I said, “I can’t believe I have to leave this house.” It was Sunday night and as far as my mum knew I was staying with Jessie for the weekend to work on a school project, but I would be back home Sunday night. “Maybe you don’t have to. Can’t you ring you mum and ask if you can spend another night?”

“I doubt it. We’re already spending Tuesday night together, so I don’t want to push it.”

“Fair enough,” Jessie replied, “We still have some time left here though – might as well make use of it.” And on that note, she led me into a room I hadn’t explored yet and I was faced with the largest speaker system I had ever seen. “Pick a song,” she said, but I was too in shock to reply. Eventually I found my voice and suggested, “Trouble by Taylor Swift.” She raised an eyebrow and looked at me inquisitively before saying, “I never would have put you down as a Taylor Swift kind of girl.”

“Maybe I’m just as mysterious as you,” I replied with a wink. She pressed play and I was literally hit by the music. I could feel the bass pumping in my body and we danced and danced and danced for hours, only stopping to regain energy from popcorn and drinks. It reached 9pm and reluctantly I said it was probably best I left, not wanting to annoy my mum. We tidied up the house until it looked like it hadn’t even been touched. Jessie locked up, and she walked me home. “You didn’t have to do this,” I said, knowing how far she had walked and still had to walk home. “I did. I want to spend every second I can with you,” Jessie replied, and placed a quick kiss on my mouth before saying goodbye and walking back down the road. I couldn’t shake the smile from my face, and the thought of what we would be doing in two days had completely slipped my mind.