"Hey, it's alright." (Y/n) said to the man, grabbing his injured arm softly and taking a quick look "Who did this?" she asked, and Mesmer pointed at MM "He did a shit job at that. I'll fix it for you." he was hesitant to give her his arm, but did it nonetheless.

While she was holding his hand he took a look at her mind, and confirmed that she knew what she was doing, and that she was as dangerous as any of the people present.

"There... Sorry if it hurt at any point." she said, smiling as she got up from the ground in front of him.

"It didn't, thank you." he gave her an uneasy smile, which seemed to be enough for her.

"Nice decor. 80's serial killer. Love it." Butcher said, taking his trenchcoat off "All right, then. Let's get cracking."

The female sat in front of Mesmer again, uncertain about giving her hand to him.

"There's a camp in a jungle." the man said when he grabbed the woman's hand "She's a soldier. There's a flag with a two-headed snake on it."

"Two-headed snake?" Butcher asked, moving his hands to show what he meant "Like this?"

"Yeah."

"With red rays behind it?"

"What does that mean?" Hughie asked, completely lost.

"It's the flag of the Shining Light Liberation Army." MM explained "Frenchie, you're dating a terrorist."

The French man turned to the woman.

"Is this true?" he asked her, and by the look on her face, it was.

<->

A week later, everything seemed to settle. Rayner had refused to work with them, so the plan was to take matters into their own hands. Kimiko (they discovered her name that day at Mesmer's place) was becoming friendlier with Frenchie and the group. And Hughie was still seeing Starlight... It was pretty much obvious. His lying skills were shit and he had been vanishing almost everyday. Butcher knew where he was going.

"Those madeleines look incredible, Kimiko." (Y/n) said, looking over the desserts on the table.

The woman smiled at her, folding the topping on a bowl.

Suddenly, Hughie came in through the door, his face worried. He was sweating a little, which seemed to be like a warning to the group. Kimiko turned to Frenchie, asking him silently where Hughie was.

"She wants to know where you were." Frenchie said.

"That's a compelling fucking question." Butcher said, finishing up his lunch.

This phrase made MM and (Y/n) turn to Hughie too, paying attention to what was happening.

"Hey, can we talk?" he said, looking at Butcher and then at (Y/n), asking her to join them.

"That's what we're doing, ain't it?" Billy said, a cocky smile on his face as the girl made her way over to the table where he was sitting.

"No, I mean..." Hughie stopped.

"Whatever you want to say, you can say here, honey." (Y/n) said, coming back with the nicknames.

"Spit it out." Butcher said.

"Stop being an asshole, talk to the guy." MM said in defence of Hughie.

"Hughie doesn't mind. Do you, Hughie?"

"Okay, fine. I can't do this anymore." the kid said, earning strange looks from all the group, except Butcher.

"Do what?"