Love at first sight?

"Beautiful" exclaimed a shallow voice from behind me.

I furrowed my eyebrows and carefully drew my gaze away from the portrait. I met a pair of deep hazel eyes. A swarm of butterflies entered my stomach, he was gorgeous. He had a perfect jaw line and locks of smooth dark hair which hung like curtains over his face. My breath caught in my throat; I couldn't take my eyes off him. I cleared my throat before asking "the painting?". He laughed slightly and licked his lips, "I guess" he replied with a slight smirk.  

Wait, was he calling me beautiful?

No, he didn't.

He is way too perfect to be interested in me

I realized I was staring and coughed slightly before returning my attention towards the painting. I felt his gaze travel from my face towards the artwork as well. He admired the Mona Lisa before saying, "did you know, Leonardo da Vinci was right-handed?" He stated. I turned to him with a blank expression and raised an eyebrow. "Fine he was left-handed" The man chuckled, raising his arms as if he were surrendering. I pursed my lips to hold back a smile, he smirked slightly and continued to observe the painting.

"Wait he was left-handed?" I blurted out, suddenly digesting what the man had said. He nodded slightly and chuckled "interesting right?".  I smiled gently and replied, "yeah". He brought his hands up to his chin and looked up at the ceiling, "I have many more interesting facts" he stated. I bit my lip anxiously and looked up at him, gosh he was tall. "Well don't leave me hangin'" I shouted sarcastically. He nodded slowly then turned to face me and placed his hand on my back, guiding me to a bench. I blushed slightly and let my hair hang over my face to hide it. We sat down, our hips nearly touching. "So" I began, "Leonardo da Vici was vegetarian" he stated with a ruff voice. I laughed slightly before covering my mouth with my hand. "Wow, uh, very interesting" I replied in a sarcastic tone, holding back a laugh.

The corner of his mouth twitched up into a smirk, I looked down at my feet and grinned pathetically. "Brace yourself for this one" he spoke, I looked at him and immediately regretted it. His dark eyes were mesmerizing. I could get lost in them for days. 

"Leonardo da vici was an accomplished musician" he said seriously.  "How did he get into painting then?" I asked with genuine curiosity, He smiled and continued "men apparently can't multitask, so he dropped playing the flute". I playfully hit him on the arm, "I don't believe in that stereotype". He laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "The flute!" I exclaimed with a bright smile, "What can I say, a man of many talents" he said, flashing a grin.

"How do you know so much about him?" I asked whilst kicking my feet along the shiny, marble floor. He coughed noticeably and held out a badge. "Timothee Chalamet, Louvre" I read from the badge. My eyes widened slightly, "you work here!" I exclaimed. He nodded and pinned the badge back on his work polo, which was a gorgeous green colour that brought out his eyes. "Makes sense" I said, naively.

"So, your French?" I asked, combing a piece of stray hair behind my ear. He nodded, "Yeah" whilst fidgeting with his badge. Wait, he works here "You should get back to work, sorry" my cheeks flushed guiltily as I stood up abruptly. He smiled and rubbed his mouth, "No it's fine, really, I enjoyed educating you" He chuckled with that familiar smile. He got to his feet and nodded his head, as if he were saying goodbye. I smiled slightly as he walked away. Something dropped in my stomach, I was going to miss him. Heat travelled up my neck and my skin tingled, I had never felt like this before. "Oh uh, I didn't get your name?" Timothee called abruptly, causing my head to sharply turn towards him. We locked eyes, and an unusual sensation stirred in my stomach. "Uh it's Y/N!" I yelled with a nervous tone. The corner of his lip lifted and he nodded once as a form of exception; he chuckled lightly and wandered away.

Hey guys! hope you liked it, ik it's kind of cringey but oh well lol

I will try and post every weekend!

please vote if you liked it, thank you <3

Steph xx