Chapter 10

Time has flown quickly, very much like our forthcoming prom. It's not that I'm particularly enthusiastic about it, but the entire school seemed to be. Isang buwan pa naman bago 'yon pero nag-iisip na ang iba ng kung anong pwedeng suotin na gown. The gentlemen were also getting ready to approach the girls and invite them to be their partners.

I wandered around the library with my eyes straying. Inagahan ko ang duty ko ngayon dahil magpapatulong ako kay Keith mamaya sa bahay. He volunteered to teach me Math because I was having trouble understanding it. Sino ba naman ako para tumanggi?

"Uh, hello po, ate."

Dumako ang tingin ko sa babaeng nasa harap ko ngayon. Sobrang familiar niya. Oh, yes, I recall! She's the Amber everyone has been raving about.

"Hello, yes? How may I assist you? " I respectfully asked, giving her my undivided attention.

Parang nahihiya pa siya. "I just wanna ask lang po sana kung saan ko pwede mahanap 'yong The Moth po."

"Catherine Cookson?"

My smile broadened as she flashed me a quick nod. Alam ko kung saan 'yon hahanapin kasi nahiram ko din ang librong 'yon dito sa library noong 3rd year highschool ako.

"Reaction paper?" I inquired as she accompanied me to acquire the book.

"How did you figure it out, po?" she wondered.

"Nadaanan ko na din," I responded back, pausing when we got to the section where the book was located.

I found the book right away and presented it to her. Her eyes gleamed, and she was all smiles. According to my observations, she appreciates books and may perhaps enjoy reading.

"Thank you so much, po!" she gushed, but I was intrigued by the fact that she remained staring at me as if she wanted to say something.

Tipid akong ngumiti. "May kailangan ka pa?" I can't ignore the fact that she's a beauty just by looking at her right now. Her style was a little shabby, but it suited her—not in a negative way.

"K-Kasi po…" She averted her gaze, blushing. Sobrang cute naman nito! "M-Malapit na po kasi ang prom…"

"Yup?" I cracked an embarrassing chuckle. I'm also a nervous person, so conversing with someone who shares my timidity is an uncomfortable encounter.

"I admire the way you dress, no—the way you conduct yourself in general. Marami po kasing nagsasabi na pangit akong magdamit kaya naisip ko po sanang hingin ang tulong niyo," she addressed it properly when she realized how uneasy I was.

My cheeks were strewn with crimson. I've already received a lot of compliments, but they touch my heart every time I hear them.

"I'm not sure how I can help, but maybe I can give you some advice?" patanong kong sabi dahil hindi din ako sure. I'm not a proactive person, therefore I'm frightened of what I might say. "O baka tulungan na lang kitang pumili kung ano ang susuotin mo para sa prom." That's better.

Her eyes gleamed. "Talaga po? Maraming salamat po talaga! Gagawin ko po lahat ng gusto niyo!"

"No, it's okay. I am not expecting anything in return." Coping mechanism ko lang naman ang fashion at ngayon na may gustong magpatulong sa akin, parang mas lalong gumaan ang pakiramdam ko. My emotions are strange and confusing. I do wonder if I'm still sane now and then.

"Thank you very much, ate! How about we go shopping this weekend? You can pick anything you want po! It's my treat!" she enthused. I hope I don't let her down. I'm not going to explode her bubbles.

Nang uwian na, naghintay ako kay Keith sa gate. I patiently waited when he texted me that he needed to do something first. While I was roaming my eyes around, I sighted Trip and that girl from before—what was her name again? Ah, si Gwen! If my memory serves me correctly, she confessed to Trip months ago.