011.

011. honey's waltz

TWAS THE night before christmas, and honey jordan looked like a ghost with a facemask on her face perched by the mirror, braiding extensions into her hair. (apologies it didn't rhyme- but honey's a bit manic right now).

she wore a ratty old weird-sister t-shirt (because, even if she wouldn't admit it, the fact the weird-sisters were performing tomorrow made her absolutely ecstatic). her arms burned from being held up to braid, and her neck felt a bit stiff- but the yule ball was a ball- by definition they had to look nice, or at least feel nice. doing her hair was both torture and a treat- and honey knew the outcome outweighed the strife of the process.

the girls around her were hurrying around too as they were viciously fighting for turns in the shower, which honey got first due to her vindictive nature and fantastic arguing skills (which means: she grabbed her towel, clothes, and walked in and shut the door and proceeded to have a shower because god knows how long her hair would take). vi had just walked out of the shower, towel around her hair as she flopped onto her bed and charmed one of freya's muggle facemasks her mum had sent her (which freya then generously shared out between the lot of them) and placed it on her face, squealing.

"why is it so cold?" shrieked vi.

"don't be such a baby, vi." honey replied, "they're so lovely."

"it smells like cucumber," mumbled vi.

"it says on the packet it's scented like that," freya pointed out, sitting cross-legged as she painted her nails.

"tomorrows christmas," hannah said matter-of-factly. "i can't wait for the music. the weird sisters!"

"i wo'mber b'ow m'nuch bumble'vore bad to bribe'em to p'ay here," honey mused as she began on another braid, comb in mouth- muffling her words slightly.

"honey, love. you're going to have to take the comb out of your mouth."

"hol'g it for m'ay!"

"what-?"

"hol'g it for m- thank you!" honey announced, nodding in thanks to vi who'd trotted over to take it out of her mouth and hold it for her. "i said- i wonder how much dumbledore had to bribe them to play here."

"probably half the schools funding," snorted vi. the two of them looked into the mirror together, "you're so good at braiding."

"my mum taught me," mumbled honey, gripping her hair a bit too tight. she frowned, but continued to braid, "it doesn't matter- she only taught me the basics. i learnt the rest from my nan."

"it still looks fantastic," nodded vi before she went back to flopping on her bed. "tomorrow's christmas."

"hannah said that already."

"right, but i'm repeating it."

"tomorrow's going to be such a mess, it'll be fantastic," snorted honey, "i bet you so many things will go wrong." she hummed a bit, "i am going with harry- by the way. i asked him." honey cut the flutter of excitement quickly as she turned around, nearly falling off the chair she was perched awkwardly on as she turned around, still braiding her hair, "shut up! anyways- knowing him, he'll stick to the sides of the ball room and then i'll be able to commit grand theft larceny of all of the food and drinks."

"you won't be at the sides for the whole of the ball," noted hannah, "you'll be dancing, of course."

"only with you lot- and that's going to be after the seventh years have drunk their stolen stashes of firewhiskey."