001.

001. 'our tree'

'HONEY FIGURED everything would turn out just fine.'

the biggest lie she'd ever told herself. the most unexplainably and undoubtedly biggest fib she'd ever let herself believe even if it was for just a moment. the biggest lie of the century, perhaps. saved for the history book titled under 'biggest lies of the modern wizarding age' where her face would be slapped over the two pages because she took the cake for the biggest lie.

that was to say: honey was having a miserable time, and she hadn't even hit a week into the holidays.

she'd arrived home, blissfully ignorant to the fact that her parents still existed and that her aunt and uncle (along with her cousins) weren[t coming until the eighth of july. which was a long way away.

her days were filled with blistering heat which she was not used to- along with the added torture of her parents arguing and yelling at each other- honey wondered what she was going to do with herself for a while.

she took to bothering lee to waste most of her time, and in the span of the three days she'd been back at home for the summer holidays- she'd sent a whopping total of four letters- and had received a total of five responses back.

the first two letters had been dedicated solely to hermione because she was bored out of her mind on the first day and had thought it would be an excellent idea to send an owl to hermione (well- send pygmalion. who apparently wasn't an owl and nobody had bothered to tell her). the letter was mostly nonsensical, but the second had been added as an afterthought when she'd sent their family owl with a 'letter' (a note of apology) to hermione.

the reply had been a quick scribble from hermione full of questions ("are you okay? how are you bored so soon?" "please don't paint lee's piano neon orange, i feel like he might not appreciate the sentiment or your unique taste." with the final- "P.S: i got your note. it's ok, don't worry! i'm sure we're all going a bit mad. if you have the chance, send a letter to harry too! the dursley's always drive him mental!")

the second letter had been dedicated to both of her cousins: fitzgerald (they just called him fitz) and maeve baudelaire- first cousins from her mums side. both pureblood (their dad's dad turned out to have invented the charm on chocolate frogs? it was a bit wild). the letter had been messy as well- written on her second day out of sheer excitement for their arrival in exactly a weeks time from when she wrote it.

MAEVE AND FITZ. (she was eccentric in her letters to her cousins).

how's nice? is it nice? ahah- that wasn't finny fitz and it never is. don't use it on anybody when you come over.

(fitz liked to flirt with any person who was single that gave him consent to. bless him).

anyways you lot are coming for the quidditch world cup, right? i can't believe it- i told you i was commentating this year, right? me and lee are absolutely fantastic (did i mention that i fell off the stands because the snitch was near me and harry grabbed my arm? fred and george- you know them i'm sure i've mentioned them- won't shut up about it).

i hope you bring more food- me and lee are wrecks back here. mum and dad are about to tear each other apart and then piece themselves back together before they do it all over again. you should just be thankful your parents have a healthy relationship because it's a raining pile of fucking fire back here.

(it was safe to say honey was maybe a little jealous of maeve and fitz's good relationship with the healthy relationship their parents had with each other).