003.

003. luck of the irish

WAKING UP at the crack of bloody dawn was not honour jordan's forte. at all. but alas, here she was at four o'clock in the morning- because the portkey left at eight and it was a good while away.

she awoke with a bleary mind and a strong urge to go back to sleep. she yawned a bit before looking at maeve- who looked equally (if not more) reluctant to wake up to then go for a big walk.

everybody knew the leadup to the world cup brought up most if not all the excitement for them. but, it was the culture around the world cup honey liked- as well as the atmosphere when the game took place. she wasn't one to properly fly on a broom (she wasn't exactly amazing- but at least she didn't fall off) but rather liked the aesthetic of it- and watching them cut through the wind like it was nothing.

"france was knocked out so early," grumbled maeve, head currently shoved into her trunk as she searched through it for clothes (she usually wasn't functioning like the normal and ethereal maeve baudelaire until... around noon). "it's terrible. i would have expected more." she sighed as she swung herself upwards- clothes of irish green in hand. "we must wear green- to show our support of the irish."

"why're you here anyways? you hate quidditch." honey wondered.

"i came for the culture of it," shrugged maeve, "besides- fitz wanted to see it- badly. he has quite the crush on connolly- the irish quidditch player. i think he wants to get one of those-" she pulled a face, "... seeing lenses? the charmed ones? i don't know the word for it."

"neither do i, to be honest." honey added before she walked swiftly to the door, "i'm off to the toilets to get ready." she walked out of her room, down the hall, and with a loud yell she entered the bathroom slamming it shut, "DIBS FIRST!"

"flamel's wand- we have needs! rights!" roared fitz, banging a symphony on the bathroom door, "LET ME HAVE MY FREEDOM OF USING THE BATHROOM!"

"i'll be out in a moment, fitz! god, you're worse than lee!" shouted back honey, carefully drawing a wig and a shape above in bright a nice shade of green- rubbing a gold colour into the corner of her eyes (near enough an orange, really) before she added green dots on the underside of the wings on her eyes. she rushed the rest of makeup (simple gloss, nothing else really) before she stood back- glad she'd changed into her clothes before she'd applied the eccentric makeup on.

she was quite literally covered in green, which made it very obvious which side she was supporting. long green flowing skirt with dark green grooves swirled across it, paired with a green strapped top and a gold necklace that curled around a green gem like wisps of smoke. the only anomaly to invade the green was the white of her platform shoes.

"are you done?" yelled fitz, "i need to check if my hair looks good!"

"go use the second bathroom- twit!" honey retorted.

"maeve's captured it!"

"then use a spoon! reflections!"

honey rolled her eyes as she stomped out of the bathroom, fitz yelling something like 'finally!' before sprinting in. honey moved herself away from the bathroom, back to her room to find maeve was in fact still in the bathroom. a garbled yell from down the hall told her lee was in fact still trying to use the bathroom and had not succeeded in his goal as of yet.

she looked around, scanning her room for anything she might need. mostly, she was greeted with a cooing pygmalion (who was staring intently at her desk as if manifesting a letter to appear so he could take care of it) and lee's pet cat, janus, who seemed to like her room more than his. the two-headed cat lazed on her bed, purring.