NINETEENTH CHAPTER (19)

"Hey." Kelly greeted Valentina as they met at the hallway. Today was the day of the Calculus test.

"Hey." She spoke nervously.

"You ready?"

"I think I am."

"You gon' be fine." He put a hand on her shoulder encouragingly. She released a deep breath and nodded.

"Let's go." Kelly said just as the bell rang. They walked to their class without saying anything to each other. Ms. Claus stood at the door with a smile on her face as she welcomed students to her class. Her smile changed to a smirk as she saw Kelly and Valentina.

"Have fun at the test." She said to them. Valentina rolled her eyes while Kelly just gave her a small smile. They walked inside the classroom and sat at their respective seats.

"Hey, Kelly." Ruby said with a smile as she sat on the desk beside Kelly's. Kelly smiled at her. He hadn't seen her since the party. To be honest, he was avoiding her and Emily.

"Hey. Sup?" He said with a small smile.

"I'm good. Haven't seen you since the party."

"Oh yeah, I've been busy."

"So busy that you've been ignoring my texts?"

He raised a brow. "Texts?" 

"Yeah, I texted you but you didn't reply."

"Sorry. I haven't been going through my phone these days."

"You must be really busy then."

"Yeah." He said and Ms. Claus entered the class making everyone silent.

"Good morning class." She greeted. Without waiting for the class to respond, she continued. "As you know, you're having a test today and this test is part of your grades, so you all need to do very well. You can't have less than a C." She started sharing the test scripts.

"No cheating." She warned. Kelly and Valentina exchanged looks and Kelly gave her an encouraging smile.

"You can begin."

***

Dani, Emily, Zion, James, Derek, Ruby, Jade and other soccer jocks and cheerleaders sat at their table eating. Dani and Emily have sitting with other jocks frequently because of Zion as he said something about increasing their popularity. Though, the two best friends don't really talk to other jocks at the table, they only sat there for show.

Everyone was talking amongst themselves when Kelly passed their table. Most of the girls looked at him dreamily.

"God, he's so handsome." One of the cheerleaders whose boyfriend was sitting beside her spoke.

"I'm right here babe. You don't get to talk about another dude like that." Her boyfriend said in disgust. Everyone at the table laughed.

"I get to do what I want. We broke up, remember?" She said in a nonchalantly.

A deep frown etched on her boyfriend's face. He didn't say anything. The whole table laughed at the couple's stupidity.

"Right. Dani, I heard Kelly's your brother." Jade said and Dani and Emily literally choked.

"Here." Zion said and handed his girlfriend a bottle of water. Dani took it and gulped down its content in one go. Emily did same as James gave her a bottle of water.

"So is it true?" Jade asked as everyone looked at Dani expectantly.

"Um, yeah. We're step- siblings though." Dani said.