SEVENTEENTH CHAPTER (17)

"What if we get caught and expelled?" Kelsey asked.

"We won't." Ruby simply said.

“There are CCTV cameras.”

“Which are not working.”

“How do you know that?”

“You’re asking too much questions, Wright.”

“If you don’t tell me, I’ll leave.”

“If you wanna leave, then leave, no pressure.” Ruby shrugged.

“And I’ll tell on you guys.” Kelsey said with a frown.

“I didn’t know you were a snitch, Wright.”

“I’m not a snitch.”

“Then, shut up and work.”

“Just tell me, please.”

Ruby sighed. “There’s nothing to say, Wright. The cameras aren’t working at least not all. The one that isn’t working is the one facing Emily’s locker.”

“Oh.”

“Now, be quiet and let’s concentrate.” Ruby said and Kelsey nodded. They were at the back of the school building. They were putting fake blood they stole from the drama club's store on some pads and tampons Ruby took from Jada. They planned on putting it in Emily's locker.

"How did you come up with this idea?" Kelly asked. He was writing 'Happy Period' on a white cardboard paper with the fake blood.

"Let's just say I'm smart." She said with a smirk.

Kelly chuckled. "I'm done." He said.

"This is the last one." Ruby said and put the blood on the last pad. "All done." She said and dusted herself.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Kelsey asked.

"We go and put it in her locker." Ruby said.

"What if we get caught?" Kelsey asked.

"We won't get caught if we go now. They're still learning in class." Kelly said.

"Yeah, let's hurry." Ruby said and they started going inside the school. Kelsey sighed and followed them. They passed through the gym to avoid being caught. Kelly chuckled to himself as he limped. They finally sneaked into the hallway. They quietly made a beeline for Emily's locker.

"What's her combination?" Kelsey whisper-asked Ruby.

Ruby smirked. "Leave that to me." She gave Kelly the pads she was holding and quickly unlocked Emily's locker. 

"Wow, that was quick." Kelsey said.

"Yeah." Ruby said and collected the pads from Kelly and arranged it inside the locker. "The tampons." She said and Kelsey handed them to her. After arranging the tampons, Kelly gave her the cardboard paper and she put it in. The three of them smiled and high-fived each other. Ruby closed the locker and the quietly went to the rooftop laughing quietly to themselves.

***

Emily, Dani, Raven, Ava and Sarah walked through the hallway to Emily's locker to keep her books. It was time for lunch and the hallway was crowded. They reached her locker and she did her combination. As she opened it, a pad with blood fell off making her scream, making everyone in the hallway stop and look at her.

"Happy period?" Dani read what was on the cardboard paper.

"Who did this?" She yelled, asking everyone in the hallway. Everyone was quiet. Her eyes met a freshman's. She started walking to him and he shifted back in fear.