House of Wind

Eve stayed in her apartment for the entire day. No one had come and barged and the river house was still intact so she assumed everything had gone smoothly with Nesta. Well, as smoothly as it could go with her.

Eve eyed the wine bottle before taking another sip. Gosh, she wanted to have chai. "I could've handled that a bit better," she muttered to herself. "Maybe, but I shouldn't have pushed you, I apologize, truly," the voice of the High Lord carried into her living room. She looked at the door- which she had left open before- to see Rhysand standing there, hands in his pockets. "Here to invade my privacy too?" Eve asked bitterly. Rhys almost flinched but did not apologize as he reminded himself he had taken that decision as a High Lord.

"I am sorry I pushed you," he said. "Admit the reason behind it," Eve said. He sighed, "I do not like being left in the dark." "And?" Eve asked. "And that's it." Eve shook her head. "Admit the second someone has knowledge about something that you are unaware about, you see them as a threat. Admit that you have trouble due to this paranoia, and that anyone having even the slightest, minor upper hand has your controlling ass on alert."

Rhys tried calming himself as he heard those words. They were true. "Can you blame me, after everything that has been done?" Eve shrugged. "You would too if you lost your family for so long and only to face a war as soon as you got them back." Eve laughed harshly, "at least you got them back." Rhysand inhaled sharply, "that is not my fault. We tried our best to help you."

Eve nodded. "Hmm.. right, it is mine. I could've gone back, but I didn't. Why? Because of Hybern and because you-" she said, pointing an accusatory finger at him, "couldn't wait two more seconds for help to come before you oh-so gloriously martyred yourself, fixing the fucking Cauldron. Look at that kids! Rhysand is here to save the fucking day!"

His eyes narrowed at her. "You could have gone back home?" he asked quietly. But Eve wasn't done yet. "You want to know what this tattoo means, Rhysie?" she mocked him. His jaw ticked. He called Azriel to help him calm Eve a bit. Az didn't take two seconds to appear. Eve laughed harshly at his presence, "calling for back up now, are we?" They both said nothing.

"You both can fuck off," she spat before going towards the door. "And since you invaded my apartment- should I be concerned it is becoming a habit of yours, Rhys- I am going to find someplace which doesn't make me want to beat the shit out of your annoying presence." She snarled, taking her money.

"Oh," she said, turning to look at them, "here's a little something for Amren: carranam bond."

The door banged loudly as she left two furious males behind- both angry for different reasons. One at his High Lord and the other at himself.

*********

Az was beyond furious. Eve had two outbursts already, a strong bottle of wine and a glass of whiskey at the tavern she was now at, and the discussion in front of him wasn't helping him stay calm. He just hoped she didn't get into a fight with how angry she now was. He had tried to go after her but she had made it clear she wanted to be left to her own devices. 

"She could have gone back?" Feyre asked. Rhys shrugged his shoulders tense. "That is what I gained. And the fact that it might be my fault she stayed back when I fixed the Cauldron- not waiting for anyone else to come help." 

Feyre squeezed his hand then- he was alive. "But how can that be? Even Amren couldn't find a way. How does all this tie up whatever happened in there and how she decided to help you and then come back up later?"

"Maybe she chose to help him- use her energy differently?" Cassian suggested. Azriel shook his head, "but the question would be- how did she find a way back?"